Solved Fpv cam sun over trees

eXpire

Hi,

I usually only have time to fly short before sundown. I still use my lizard 95 with the original camera . The issue is, when fly around tree height, I always get the sun in the picture making it hard to see anything.

But whis the millions of cameras out there , I'm just overwhelmed. Is wdr the right property to look for?

Just to show you my field with the sun conditions, here a video of it

Could you suggest me a cam ( + vtx) that fits in the lizard and does not break the bank?

Thanks a lot!!!

FDS

Elite member
The Caddx Ratel is awesome and is a Starlight camera so you can fly on after sunset. Any 200mw VTX will work fine, most of the modern ones are fairly small and have a power supply for the camera included.
Ratel is what I use on my quads, right down to minis.

eXpire

Thanks for the fast reply, but I don't really need them after sunset, it just right around this stupid time when I bounce between direct into the sun and a sun hidden behind the tree's.

Has anybody experienced such a scenario?

FDS

Elite member
I fly at sundown all the time, into the sunset from behind a hedge, through a gap in the trees, Caddx has coped great with the transitions. I don’t have a massive shadow over my field tho.

eXpire

Thanks a lot , I just ordered the ratel with an eachine vtx 03 . Really curious about the results

Reactions: FDS