Fpv camera issue

Jacob Grant

Hey so I recently built a mini whoop drone and got the fat shark recon v2 goggles for fpv. I got 2 cameras and they both worked great. After flying my drone around a while and crashing it quite a bit the Fpv footage was getting worse and I noticed the antenna on the drones camera was broken. And then the fpv footage was just fuzzy ness/ black screen. So I installed the other Fpv camera and it also wasn’t working anymore and I was getting fuzzyness/ black screen. I’m not sure if it is the cameras having issues and i need to get a new camera or if it’s my Fpv goggles having problems.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hey so I recently built a mini whoop drone and got the fat shark recon v2 goggles for fpv. I got 2 cameras and they both worked great. After flying my drone around a while and crashing it quite a bit the Fpv footage was getting worse and I noticed the antenna on the drones camera was broken. And then the fpv footage was just fuzzy ness/ black screen. So I installed the other Fpv camera and it also wasn’t working anymore and I was getting fuzzyness/ black screen. I’m not sure if it is the cameras having issues and i need to get a new camera or if it’s my Fpv goggles having problems.

It sounds like your video transmitter/antenna is damaged; I experienced similar issues with my 5" racing drone when I damaged the antenna in a crash. Replacing the antenna attached to the video transmitter fixed the issue. In your instance, you probably have an antenna that runs from the main board up, or a separate video board that connects to the flight controller, depending on the manufacturer of your TinyWhoop. If it's an antenna running from the main flight controller board, check to see if it's replaceable; some are, some aren't. You might end up having to replace the board itself.

If you do, I can recommend something like this:

NewBeeDrone BeeBrain Lite Flight Controller + Camera Set (DSM)

The above is a DSMX board meant for Spectrum compatible radios, but they also offer it in a FrSky format as well if you're flying using one of those radios. While it's $80 plus shipping, the bonus on it is that it's got the latest flight controller, onboard video built in, an onscreen display (most TinyWhoop/Inductrixes lack OSDs!) and it's got active braking, which is usually only found on larger sized quads. It's a definite step up if you're running the basic Inductrix boards..

Bricks

Master member
On my Tiny Whoop I have had to resolder or replace the antenna a couple of times. If the antenna is part of the FPV transmitter board it is not too hard to fix.

Edited to add if you ran the FPV transmitter with out the antenna connected you fried it.