ItMightFly

Building a drone can be difficult and challenging. I want to remove that challenge with my service! I provide top of the line service and quality for a very affordable price.

How does it work?

The customer will be charged the original price for all components, plus an assembly fee of $60. All pieces, parts, and components will be brand new from Amazon, RaceDayQuads, GetFPV, FliteTest, PyroDrone, or really any preferred parts dealer. The customer will be charged after the components list is completed and ready for order. I will be in contact with the customer until the order is placed. Once the order is placed, tracking and confirmation numbers will be sent to the customer. If there is another way you would like it to go which would be easier for you, by all means, let's implement what works for you.

Return time will vary from build to build, but I know that getting up into the air is something I wouldn't want to wait for either. So I will do my best to get the craft flying at its prime ASAP. Expect 1-2 weeks beginning from the time ordering the parts to building and finishing the drone.
Once the build is finished, I will send photos of the complete build to the customer. The build will be packaged and sent alongside a free set of props.

Don’t know what to get for your quad? I will help!

Getting into building and flying quads can be expensive and difficult. Having someone that can help you find pieces and parts is vital. I know getting into the hobby I made a lot of mistakes, I want to make it easy for you to get in.

So,
I will build your quad, and have it flying as quickly as I can.
I’ve been flying and building quads for roughly 2 1/2 years and have helped a few people into the hobby. I have about 10 years of experience with fixed-wing aircraft, designing and building my own. After building several quadcopters and micro drones for myself and friends, I wanted to reach out and do it for more. I really want to be able to make it easy for new people to get in and start flying, as it can be very difficult as there are a lot of challenges faced when building these rigs.

If you want to get into the air with a new quad, I’ll be your guy and build it!

Payment can be done with Venmo or PayPal (cash works if there is a physical exchange). Prices are negotiable.

Please reach out and contact me with any questions

Happy Flying!​

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Do you tune these builds before sending them out? Betaflight stock tune is loose and unsafe in most cases its so drifty and wobbly.

Im just finishing up the setup on this build before it goes to its new home. I know tuning takes some time and effort and is hard to judge the value but Im leary sending one that is outta control to someone I dont know what skill level they may be. Not sure what the liability factor is on something like that. I will make a few vids showing how well it behaves before it leaves just for reference later on so once it leaves my hands its proven what the craft is and can do

Heres the one I am working on. It will have the tpu antenna mount for an axii on it before it goes to its new home not the dipole I been testing on

20200528_025821.jpg

20200528_025856.jpg
20200528_025922.jpg

ItMightFly

Sooo, what have you built and what can it do?

Video or it didn't happen. ;)

I've been building quads for over two years, my one regret over all of it is not taking pictures. There are a few I'll share.

Also, you can see some of my flying videos on my Instagram, @wyatt.s.wagner (or HERE), where I have a story thing on my profile under my bio. I never really took the time to post most of my footage, but there are a couple clips in there.

Here are a few builds:
1590684563472.png

1590686269955.png

(yes, those two are the same props and same frame, but definitely two very different builds)
1590686943549.png

Again, I don't know why, but the Source One was a very popular pick for the people I built for. It is a nice, cheap frame though!
I did in fact help these people pick parts for their builds so that it was cheaper for them, they all liked my recommendation for the Source One. It is in fact a great frame!

But, yeah! There are definitely many other frames I've built with, I just never thought to take a picture of my builds for whatever reason. Definitely won't be like that in the future. I'll send my customers a picture of their build before sending it out!

ItMightFly

Do you tune these builds before sending them out? Betaflight stock tune is loose and unsafe in most cases its so drifty and wobbly.

Im just finishing up the setup on this build before it goes to its new home. I know tuning takes some time and effort and is hard to judge the value but Im leary sending one that is outta control to someone I dont know what skill level they may be. Not sure what the liability factor is on something like that. I will make a few vids showing how well it behaves before it leaves just for reference later on so once it leaves my hands its proven what the craft is and can do

Heres the one I am working on. It will have the tpu antenna mount for an axii on it before it goes to its new home not the dipole I been testing on

Yes sir! I'll be sure to fly the craft around to make sure everything is working properly, and if it needs tuning, by all means I'll tune it.

I know the new Betaflight has a great default tune, at least with my own builds. In fact, one I just never even bothered tuning cause the default PIDs were spot on. By all means though, I don't want to be sending out quads that don't fly. I want everything that leaves my hobby room to be in the best condition possible.

That build is looking good! Do you ever plan on going 4s? Also, I've heard mixed reviews on the Eco motors. A few weeks ago I used them on a build (the top picture in my last comment), and they seemed to have some great power. I may end up going to Hyperlite motors next. How are yours holding up?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
ALL builds need tuning. There is no getting around it. Doesnt matter what software it flys on. Betaflight default tunes are bad. The rates are way to unbalanced and high specially for beginner pilots who know nothing about them. The Pids are so wishy washy its like you are steering with a wet dishrag instead of straight and solid sticks which with all the gear combinations it is meant to work with is understandable. I have seen new builds fly that wash out so bad in turns its actually not safe to be flown on defaults.

Anyway good luck with the service I hope you are able to get more people safely in the air.

It takes a lot to kill an Emax motor. My guess is if someone does kill one its from crash damage or really poor tuning. I fly nothing but Emax on my gear usually and have never had an issue with quality, performance or durability. That build is only 3 days old when I posted and has only 10-12 packs thru it so far. The eco's if anything seem over built specially the 1407's on that beastie. Even on 3s they are punchy with such a light weight quad. I do however have a set of Catalyst Machine works 2307's I am going to try since Emax no longer makes my favorite power houses on my mach 1 rebuild.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I almost killed a set of $$$$ motors in less than 30 seconds on a default tune. Stock PIDs are way too high on lightweight builds with efficient motors, props, and 6S. Was oscillating so bad that in about 20 seconds hover, I could smell the lacquer burning off the motor wires and burnt my finger pretty bad when picking it up. Learned quickly that super light and fast builds should start with defaults/2 at least.

ItMightFly

ALL builds need tuning. There is no getting around it. Doesnt matter what software it flys on. Betaflight default tunes are bad. The rates are way to unbalanced and high specially for beginner pilots who know nothing about them. The Pids are so wishy washy its like you are steering with a wet dishrag instead of straight and solid sticks which with all the gear combinations it is meant to work with is understandable. I have seen new builds fly that wash out so bad in turns its actually not safe to be flown on defaults.

Anyway good luck with the service I hope you are able to get more people safely in the air.

It takes a lot to kill an Emax motor. My guess is if someone does kill one its from crash damage or really poor tuning. I fly nothing but Emax on my gear usually and have never had an issue with quality, performance or durability. That build is only 3 days old when I posted and has only 10-12 packs thru it so far. The eco's if anything seem over built specially the 1407's on that beastie. Even on 3s they are punchy with such a light weight quad. I do however have a set of Catalyst Machine works 2307's I am going to try since Emax no longer makes my favorite power houses on my mach 1 rebuild.

I almost killed a set of $$$$ motors in less than 30 seconds on a default tune. Stock PIDs are way too high on lightweight builds with efficient motors, props, and 6S. Was oscillating so bad that in about 20 seconds hover, I could smell the lacquer burning off the motor wires and burnt my finger pretty bad when picking it up. Learned quickly that super light and fast builds should start with defaults/2 at least.

Yes, yes, I'm not trying to avoid tuning at all. I do understand that Betaflight's stock tune has improved significantly over the years.

My quad that flew stock tune perfectly was a 5inch running 2205s at 675g AUW. Literally an underpowered cow on 4s.

That was the only craft that I've ever seen do so well on the stock tune. For every quad that I build, I will definitely make sure that it is at the least, safe to fly, but definitely a great flyer.

Besides that incredible coincidence, I will definitely take every precaution to deliver a top-performing quad (at least, the best I can do with the customer's choice in components) to my customers, through clean building techniques and Betaflight tuning.

That's great to hear! Yeah, the Emax Eco series does seem to be of really high quality. I also have used Emax on not only most of my quad builds but also on several fixed wings. Their motos just won't break haha. I have been trying to design a twin-boom racer, fixed-wing, that operates at 80+ mph. I've crashed all but one iteration so hard, but the motors seem to never take any damage. They're the Emax RS II 2207 2550kv. I'm still not sure what happened with other Eco users, but I have heard of the quality lacking. But personally, I haven't seen any of that, and I'm glad you haven't either.