FPV Freerider Recharged

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
-This is not an ad I just really like this sim.-

The maker of FPV Freerider just released this today: FPV Freerider Recharged. Same physics and feel as FPV Freerider, but with all new flying locations that are much more detailed and FPV friendly. I fly FPV Freerider almost everyday when I get the time, so this release is a huge treat.

Some New Things:
- Video static simulation
- Improved crash detection *
- Ability to turn auto zoom off in LOS view
- New snappy preset setting
- Bigger and more detailed sceneries

Hopefully the dev is working on the game a lot more and will bring new features like multiplayer and custom maps soon.

Price is $9.99 right now. For those who have already paid for the original FPV Freerider you can get the new one for just $4.99 until April 22nd.

What do you guys and gals think? Worth $9.99? Stick with liftoff? Let us know.

Wye1Xr.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
ahh just what I was waiting for. new FPV free rider. Was hoping he would get open wooded area map in as well as possibly an editable map we could do things ourselves with.

If its anything like the first one it is well worth the 10 dollars. I gave him 15 for the first one because it was so well made and the most comparable to real RC flight I have seen yet on a sim without having to edit the model for hours to get realistic feel to the aircraft.

I just checked the mail for this account and the offer was there for the discounted version so it looks like I will be upgrading once I am done here.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well I went ahead and got this and I am really happy with what he has done with it. Having bigger areas to fly as well as new maps that are crazy good gfx wise makes it even more fun. Having more obstacles as well as more challenging courses then just circles or figure 8's with gates will improve skills far faster I think.

So far my favorite map has been the "Rocks" map. Here's my best run so far after only 4 or so hours checking it all out and finding settings to fly with.

Freerider rocks.jpg

I did notice one huge change between the original and this one. Your settings do NOT carry over from map to map and if you try and use the same settings the quad has extremely different handling characteristics. My only complaint so far is that each map settings do not get saved so I advise people to screen shot their favorite settings for each map or at the very least write them down.

All told he did an incredible job with this.

Is it a power hungry program? I would have to use it on my laptop and it doesn't have a graphics card so it might be an issue. It's got something like 2.16 intel quad core processor, 8 GB RAM, on board intel graphics.

I'll probably get the demo once I get my radio fixed.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I did notice one huge change between the original and this one. Your settings do NOT carry over from map to map and if you try and use the same settings the quad has extremely different handling characteristics. My only complaint so far is that each map settings do not get saved so I advise people to screen shot their favorite settings for each map or at the very least write them down.

I did notice my speed felt a little different between the desert and rocks, but I thought that was an illusion of scale since the rocks in rocks are so much bigger. I wouldn't say I feel extremely different handling characteristics. I do notice for sure that the handling is different between Recharged and the original because the physics are actually slightly different. Unfortunately the settings saved in either version carry over to the other. So I can't leave the best settings on. Maybe trase (devs name on RCGroups) will adress it in the future.

Oh and my favorite map is the carpark. Small but lots of obstacles.

Is it a power hungry program?

It's not too power hungry. I have intel graphics as well and it runs flawless on lowest settings. That sounds bad, but lowest graphics are not bad at all. I can run higher, but the FPS will be slightly lower which makes my response time slower.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I'd love to pick this up, but I need to figure out how to get my Tactic 650 TX to work with a simulator (wireless trainer w/o a port)

Last edited:

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
Hello,
I have always really wanted to try this, but I can not find the correct cable.I have a Spektrum DX6i.
Can anybody help?
Thanks!
Colin

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I use a dedicated sim TX so don't have experience with hooking up a full TX to the computer, but here is a cable I found.

jipp

i would think all you would need is a mono 2.5 jack cable.. what bout one of the USB adapters on ebay.. that is what i use for phoenix 5.5

i will have to give this a try.. i just use phoenix 5.5 because that is what i have.. im glad im not the only one who still uses the flight sim.. not sure it helps.. but its fun. phoenix 5.5 does lack a racing type environment map so that could be fun.

i guess ill have to buy a copy tomorrow.

hopefuly it will work with my hardware.
chris.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I run mine on a Devo 7 using smartpropoplus to interface between the trainer port and my soundcard. Super simple to set up and use.

I have also managed to get DRL running the same way but the channel mapping was all different and took some time to work out. There is still a problem that wont allow me to change settings or maps while plugged in but I just been editing the config manually in note pad.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
It looks pretty great. I might pick it up in a few days once I get paid. That or a forza season pass, which is looking pretty tasty right now.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
To get a base set up so you can get used to it use the same settings you used in the first Freerider sim if you have used that. If not a quick way into it is just click the middle "Snappy" button at the bottom and cut the speed way back to like 40 and then work your way up until you are comfortable. I found in this one that one base set up does not work on all the boards. The Desert one seems extremely fast to me and I had to cut that back to 55 just to get around the course.

Ill be messing around on this later and if I remember Ill screen shot my settings on each map.