FPV Freerider Recharged

Darkback2

So I bought the app, but now I can't find a download for PPjoy, or vjoy that works. :-( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darkback2

yeah...I think it is a windows 10 issue. it keeps coming up as having a corrupt or invalid signature. I think windows updated their security stuff so a lot of downloads no longer work. :-(

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Dump win 10 and go to Linux. That digital spyware ridden turd will NEVER work right with how they have it set up for updates,

You want smartpropo plus that has the vjoy incorporated into it. Works like a dream and is super simple to set up.

jipp

have you guys seen this new flight sim? it seems more like the in this thread, than phoenix 5, and real flight 7.5
i like how you can race your shadow, which just means you take a lap around the course then it shows it shadow of the line you took.
and you can try to improve your time.. you can play with your pids etc, it seems more like the target audience is for the boys in the UK since it takes all them tracks. none the less thought id post the link here for future reference.

not sure if its worth the price.. as it seems freerider is the best deal for a race sim..

for now ill keep using what i have.. but ill probably try freerider down the road.

http://dronesimulation.co.uk/

chris,.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
have you guys seen this new flight sim? it seems more like the in this thread, than phoenix 5, and real flight 7.5
i like how you can race your shadow, which just means you take a lap around the course then it shows it shadow of the line you took.
and you can try to improve your time.. you can play with your pids etc, it seems more like the target audience is for the boys in the UK since it takes all them tracks. none the less thought id post the link here for future reference.

not sure if its worth the price.. as it seems freerider is the best deal for a race sim..

for now ill keep using what i have.. but ill probably try freerider down the road.

http://dronesimulation.co.uk/

chris,.

That sim looks like it may have potential. Sadly the second I seen they want a recurring fee to use it my interest died as I am not a big fan of hostage ware type software that everyone seems to have jumped on that band wagon for. I don't mind paying or contributing to a worth while product but mortgaging things like that is not in the cards. I just dumped my Norton account because of that stuff after using their products since I knew what a computer was.

Hopefully they can get enough people to go for that pay scheme and have success. I just cant see myself using it under those conditions.

jipp

i did not even look into the paying system i thought it was a one time thing.. i too can not support such BS sales that have taken over the phone app stores and is bleeding over to desktop software.. so yeah man im with you. i refuse to pay more than a one time fee up front and then for future updates ( ie.. software update that justify upgrading) i feel we are not the only ones..

the phone apps get a way with it because you only spend a few mins at a time using it and its like a buck or two..

so yeah vote with our wallets.. and i hope developers wake up and just charge a one time fee like everyone else.
it sure makes free rider even more of a deal.. i have real flight and phoenix 5.. i tend to use pheonix 5 tho most it has better quad support.. )

but they do not have the race type environments.. but still better than nothing.

i know pay to play is very bad in the gaming industry rigt now.. im not really a gamer so it does not bug me.. but it seems to be bleeding over to just regular software which does bug me. i hope it dies soon, and from what i get even games are starting to realize people are sick of pay to play BS and are not supporting it.. so there is hope.
chris.

What cable does this need to work with the DX6i? I can't seem to find the correct one. Thanks!

You will need a 3.5mm MONO cable (NOT stereo!). I got mine at a "radio shack" type store. This will double as a buddy-box cable as well. In order to use it with your computer, you'll need to install SmartPropoPlus (http://www.smartpropoplus.com/site/download) which converts the PPM signal via your computer's mic jack into a USB game controller. Note that you may need to disable any default sound modulation your computer may apply to the mic signal. This can be done in the sound menu of your control panel. Hope this helps! let me know if you have any questions.