FPV goggles affecting eyesight?

Jackster

Daily Mail is such crap TBH I would not take notice.

David Allamby says there has been a 35% increase in the number of people with advancing myopia since the launch of smartphones in 1997

A lot of other effecting issues have also been around the last few years.

There is hardly any correlation.

buggyboat

"Daily Mail is such crap" Ok. :)

Has anyone who has used goggles noticed anything. I know when I walk outside after reading the phone for a while or even playing a video game for a while, it is sometimes hard to focus at a distance. Maybe it's just me.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
also, how long are you going to be wearing them? If you're planning on flying continuously for hours, you might want to take breaks.

Otherwise, most of us will be taking breaks every so often to swap out a battery.

aiidanwings

I think this is a misrepresentation of the natural difficulties we sometimes have when transitioning environments.

SubZero-AK

Frozen Idiot
"Daily Mail is such crap" Ok. :)

Has anyone who has used goggles noticed anything. I know when I walk outside after reading the phone for a while or even playing a video game for a while, it is sometimes hard to focus at a distance. Maybe it's just me.

It's not just you. However, it has more to do with eyestrain than anything else. You play video games for a couple of hours, staring at a fixed focal point (the screen) only moving your eyes a little. Then, when you go outside, you move into a bright environment with objects at varying focal lengths. Your eyes need a moment to catch up to the change in demands. It only gets worse with age.

Mark
WL7NI