FPV Goggles and cameras

FDS

Elite member
Stubby’s just make it easier to mount the antenna. You don’t want a long stem on the antenna in some spots.
Don‘t use an adaptor on the plane, they are heavy, buy an MMCX to SMA pigtail instead, it’s a neater and lighter solution.

FDS

Elite member
Don’t know, the listing I looked at said RP SMA on the pigtail. You can buy a couple of pigtails, they are cheaper than antennas.

0__0

The Atlatl HV V2 description says it comes with an MMCX to SMA Cable so apparently no additional pigtail needed.
Now I still have an issue: my ESC is connected to my battery so I can't plug my VTX to my battery.

Last edited:

0__0

Thank you very much. My glider will use a 3S 850MAH lipo battery and I have a 2280kv outrunner motor. Will the battery be big enough to power the plane for a long time ? My plane will be quite large: 2m wingspan , 39.7 dm2 wing surface, weight: More than 1Kg. Is my motor powerful enough to fly that plane ? The plane plans say I need a 7.2 V battery an an old motor named "Mabuchi 540-550 (or similar)"

My FT Scout crashed a lot of times, now my battery looks really bad.
Pictures of the battery:

Attachments

• 20191109_104103.jpg
    20191109_104103.jpg
    1,001 KB · Views: 0
  • 20191109_104119.jpg
    20191109_104119.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

poor boy 101

do you know what the motor stater size is? also i don't think it's big enough. My airplanes are always overpowered though so if any other guys could confirm that would be great. Maybe a 2200 3s. also the kv makes it sound like a 4s quad motor is it just me thinking that?

FDS

Elite member
If the motor is not being used all the time then you will get lots of flight time, it’s a glider! I would estimate a max constant motor running time of about 8-10 mins with that battery, based on cruising throttle levels, with the motor below.
540 motors are old, heavy brushed motors. What is the all up weight of the plane? I would guess a 2212 1200kv will be more than adequate with a 9” folding prop for most lightweight gliders but I haven’t built one.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thank you very much. My glider will use a 3S 850MAH lipo battery and I have a 2280kv outrunner motor. Will the battery be big enough to power the plane for a long time ? My plane will be quite large: 2m wingspan , 39.7 dm2 wing surface, weight: More than 1Kg. Is my motor powerful enough to fly that plane ? The plane plans say I need a 7.2 V battery an an old motor named "Mabuchi 540-550 (or similar)"

My FT Scout crashed a lot of times, now my battery looks really bad.
Pictures of the battery:

I would discharge that pack and retire it mate. It looks as though the internal coverings may be compromised. Its not worth taking the risk of it catching fire or exploding when on a charger.

If you are unsure how to do this here is how I dispose of questionable or damaged packs.