fpv goggles!

zev

lumpy member
do any of you know if there is any good option cheaper then the $250 fatsharks? seems way overpriced to me.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I looked around for a while, but ended up buying good condition used Fatsharks. You can pick up some great deals on RC Groups. I'd highly recommend a pair of Dominators if you can get them. With the new Attitudes out, there are lots of upgraders out there. And make sure if you do get 2nd hand Dominators, get the -90dbi receiver.

zev

lumpy member
do you think these are any good? I know they are only 320x240, but with free shipping do you think it is a good deal for a beginner? I don't really want to blow $150-$250 on a pair of used fatsharks and find out FPV isn't really for me.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
If you want to test out FPV without the outlay, try a screen first. There are a number of sources for cheap screens. If you want to move on to goggles after that, the screen can become your passenger solution.

Oh, almost forgot to mention, you can get a USB device called and EasyCAP to take the video from your vrx and display it on a laptop. These things are really cheap - ~$10 or less.

Last edited:

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
fatsharks looks expensive at first but when you start adding up the costs of FPV you will get:

1- 7"-10" Monitor from 60 to 120 dollars.
2- Fpv Tx / Rx 70 dollars and up
3- Fpv Camera 30+ dollars

You get pretty close costs from predators v2 KIT with all this included, without the wiring mess.

Nonamerc

Arman
fatsharks looks expensive at first but when you start adding up the costs of FPV you will get:

1- 7"-10" Monitor from 60 to 120 dollars.
2- Fpv Tx / Rx 70 dollars and up
3- Fpv Camera 30+ dollars

You get pretty close costs from predators v2 KIT with all this included, without the wiring mess.

7 inch monitors are much cheaper. You can get them for like 20 dollars on ebay..