FPV help please

jsteele

Hi, I have been trying to pick up image on my 5.8 system for a little wile know , by playing with the frequencies and channels, and reson this is not working please help. (if any one needs more photos just tell me)
thanks.
IMG_5544.JPG

man-bot

Thats a non standard FPV camera you are using. Did you go into the options and tell it you want to out put the signal to the transmitter. Most dont turn that on as default to save power when just using as a camera.

jsteele

I did turn it on, however I did not go to the settings and tell it to out put the signal.
I will try that, thanks.

man-bot

Yeah I remember seeing that early in my learning FPV. one of the pro pilots experimented using a gopro to fly with. Just be aware there is SUUUUPER long lag doing that so only fly in open skies with that set up until you get used to that long delay.

FDS

Elite member
Buy a $15 AOI camera and VTX, it will work with your receiver and be lighter, have less latency and work better than using a GoPro. It can also run off 5v from the Bec on your craft, so won’t need a big battery.

jsteele

Ya I have one but the right cord is coming in the mail, i just cant seam to get a live video coming through the gopro. But I may just have more successes with the fpv cam.