FPV HELP

crash daily

READY TO SWIFT-IT 2DAY
Hello I've just got a 5.8gh fpv gear now I know there is a lot of info on here about setting up your fpv gear but wot i can't seem to find any information on is the channels frequency, and I think this is where I need a little help, as I plug all my gear in but am not getting any picture. Now on my receiver I have the channel frequency switches I pick say channel one and assign it to channel one now on the transmitter but the channel switches are not the same configuration should they match on the transmitter and the receiver or should they be different? I'm also using a go
pro hero for my video I have it setup in video mode and when I plug it in it says tel on the small screen is this right???
need ur help guys

thanks Neil T

Nonamerc

Arman
Hi neil,

Not all 5.8 GHz systems have the same frequencies just give us the links of your equipment.
Also DO NOT use your gopro as your FPV camera, why? It's just not good, sometimes the gopro just turns it self off because it crashes when that happends you will lose your FPV camera and you will crash your plane. Ask carbon! Just buy a cheap ccd camera from foxtechfpv.com or hobbyking.com. It's just not smart to use a gopro as your FPV camera!

crash daily

READY TO SWIFT-IT 2DAY
hello i hope this info help

Transmitter -TS351
aerial wireless transmitter is working in 5645-5945MHz ISM band of the FM audio and video transmitter module. Single-chip module design, the chip integrates VCO, PLL, broadband FM video modulation, FM audio modulation, low power consumption, small size, the module; module to patch package, takes a very small machine space.

The application of this module is simple simply connected power supply, audio cable, video cable, connect the antenna can launch voice, image signal.

★ 5.8G broadband audio and video synchronization FM transmitter

★ Small size SMD package: 55 × 26 × 17 mm

★ Transmit Power: 23dBm/200mW

★ Low power consumption: 12V 150mA

★ High Output Power: 23dBm (typical)

★ Built-in high-frequency PLL stability

★ low harmonic radiation

★ direct input analog audio and video signals

★ 7-channel transmitter

★ Light weight: 30 grams with antenna

Receiver -RC305

★ Receive Frequency: 5725-5865MHz; 8 channels

★ Receiver sensitivity:-90dBm

★ Frequency Control: Built-in PLL

★ Dual AV output: output analog audio and video signals directly

★ antenna interface: SMA (the pin)

★ supply voltage: 6.5-15V

★ Supply Current: 150mA

★ 8-channel receiver

★ Dimension: 61 * 52 * 13mm; aluminum alloy

Working frequency:

CH1:5705 CH2:5685
CH3:5665 CH4:5645
CH5:5885 CH6:5905
CH7:5925 CH8:5945

crash daily

READY TO SWIFT-IT 2DAY
i havent even got to the flying stage,i watch lots of videos on how to set it all up,i got a cable from readymaderc that goes into the transmitter and connects in to my gopro, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-FPV-...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3cb6828bde

i have 2 pictures that i cant upload as it says they are to big bit they so that the channel frequency switches are different combination so the transmitter would have 1234 and they would be all down and the receiver 123 will be down and 4 would be up,Is this right cos im still not getting any picture,should my gopro say TEL when i plug it in?

Last edited:

Nonamerc

Arman
I dont know, just make sure that you get the frequencies on both transmitter and receiver right. Then it should work. Otherways contact the guy from who you bought it.

crash daily

READY TO SWIFT-IT 2DAY
im still going to u my gopro for now i know u said not to but its all iv got at the mo,just need someone to let me know when u plug it into the gopro on the small screen says TEL and if it should do that.

RCLEE

Using the gopro is fine. The problem comes when your SD card is full it switches the camera off. We use the usb port to power the go pro, not the battery, through a 5V regulator. So it will never shut down.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
DONT use the GoPro. Batteries die, SD cards get full, I'm lucky I was using a separate camera. Why do you need a GoPro anyway? You don't HAVE to record HD, I don't usually.

crash daily

READY TO SWIFT-IT 2DAY
can u tell me when u plug ur gopro in to ur fpv gear on the small screen is meant to say TEL?? as im getting no picture still,ppl on youtube said they have had problems with this system and theres a forum about it on rcgroups on how to find the rite frequency but i cant find it anywhere can anyone help me out here,i will get another camera sorted at some point just wanted to sort it out with the gopro first thats all.

Nonamerc

Arman
Using the gopro is fine. The problem comes when your SD card is full it switches the camera off. We use the usb port to power the go pro, not the battery, through a 5V regulator. So it will never shut down.
This is a wrong advice, even when you power your gopro through a 5v regulator you willl still have chances that your gopro will just turn of because of cheap/bad quality SD cards. Some people even get that problem with expensive panasonic class 10 SD cards. Also gopros sometimes crash without a reason.

crash daily

READY TO SWIFT-IT 2DAY
i will take a picture off my set up and how i have it wired up,but can u tell me when u plug ur gopro in to ur fpv gear on the small screen is meant to say TEL?? as it mite be the gopro not setup rite.

im still going to u my gopro for now i know u said not to but its all iv got at the mo,just need someone to let me know when u plug it into the gopro on the small screen says TEL and if it should do that.
Hi
rcexplorer(David) has a thing about this all on his website http://www.rcexplorer.se under DIY I think or maybe its under educational-anyway it works for him. If you have a newer camera then you just go into live output mode.

crash daily

READY TO SWIFT-IT 2DAY
ok so iv sent an email to the company i got the fpv gear off and waiting for reply,iv downloaded the firmware to my gopro so i can run it in video out mode,but im still not getting any video,im sure it down to the channel frequency and finding the matching one to get a picture,iv taken so pic but its telling me the pictures file size is 2big and wont upload them,would i have that problem if i did a video of my setup??and thank u for the link that helped.