Fpv issue - working fine taking off then a huge amount of static when flying

Kyle croghan

firstly thanks for viewing this thread

I have a Eachine Wizard x220 fpv drone that i bought and i have had it for a little while practicing my fpv drone skills sometimes crashing it into the grass and the other day i crashed it and decided the battery was low enough that i brought it in and charged it. then the next day i wanted to fly it so i took it out and took off not noticing any not normal video feed static or anything getting the same range that i used to and around 20-30 seconds into flight a huge amount of static would come over the goggles no matter how close i was to the drone which is enough to have no idea where i was. if anyone has any answers for this please tell me so.

upgraded things on the drone:

upgraded video transmitter to 600mw

upgraded camera to 600mw

and dys 5.8G video antenna.

i have tested the drone more than once to make sure it didn't only effect that flight.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
firstly thanks for viewing this thread

I have a Eachine Wizard x220 fpv drone that i bought and i have had it for a little while practicing my fpv drone skills sometimes crashing it into the grass and the other day i crashed it and decided the battery was low enough that i brought it in and charged it. then the next day i wanted to fly it so i took it out and took off not noticing any not normal video feed static or anything getting the same range that i used to and around 20-30 seconds into flight a huge amount of static would come over the goggles no matter how close i was to the drone which is enough to have no idea where i was. if anyone has any answers for this please tell me so.

upgraded things on the drone:

upgraded video transmitter to 600mw

upgraded camera to 600mw

and dys 5.8G video antenna.

i have tested the drone more than once to make sure it didn't only effect that flight.
Sounds like a problem with your VTX and/or Antenna. Hard to guess without seeing the video.
I am a bit confused on how a camera can be upgraded to 600mw...
Drop the VTX to 200mw or less. With good antennas you can get out even a mile with that. More is not always better and many times is worse.
Check the polarity of the antenna and VTX connectors. Pictures would be helpful so we can check for RP vs standard polarity connectors.

LB

Kyle croghan

Sounds like a problem with your VTX and/or Antenna. Hard to guess without seeing the video.
I am a bit confused on how a camera can be upgraded to 600mw...
Drop the VTX to 200mw or less. With good antennas you can get out even a mile with that. More is not always better and many times is worse.
Check the polarity of the antenna and VTX connectors. Pictures would be helpful so we can check for RP vs standard polarity connectors.

LB
btw thanks for a reply
upon taking the drone apart i realised that i must have not seen that the vtx itself the little connector plugs the one on the vtx is hanging on by one / 2 wires. this should be the problem right? when up in the air it would have moved and caused alot of noise i think. is there any way i can re solder these points with the average solderer without a special tip or would it be easier to get a pro solderer to solder the 5 points back on cheap enough.

Last edited: