FPV Issues

JakeRobWilliams

So I managed to build my own racing quad, and everything works but the FPV.
I had it working for a few days, then I broke my Transmitter. I ordered another transmitter, and it worked for about 3 seconds, then all I got was 'no signal'
So i tried a new camera, and still nothing. I tried a third camera, and it worked for about 2 minutes, then I got nothing again. Please, could someone tell my what I am doing wrong here.

I couldnt seem to upload these pictures on the thread, so click the link to see them on photobucket.

http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/JakeRobWilliams/library/

My Parts:
Camera: FPV Mini Camera
Transmitter: Eachine 5.8GHz 40ch 200mW VTX
Receiver: RC832 5.8G AV Receiver
Goggles: Quantum DIY FPV Goggles V2 from Banggood.com
I am using a 3000 mah 3 cell 11.1v battery for camera and transmitter
I am using a 1000mah 11.1V 3 cell battery for the goggles and receiver

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I'm on that mismatched voltages to the camera train as well. Although that kind of shoots down the original camera as it did work.

When you crashed were any of the wires damaged that connect to the camera? Is there a piece of wire exposed that could be shorting out and blowing power circuits on the cameras you are replacing? These wires are very fine and a simple pinch to them can break or damage them very easily. I would ring the wires out (continuity test) from the TX all the way to the camera and make sure there is no shorts. This will also tell you if a wire is broken so you do two tasks at once. If all that goes well follow the entire wire assembly and look for damaged covering that may have open wire where it could short out with vibration or movement.