FPv Night flying gone wrong...Reaper by the Reaper

AbsoluteAltitudes

Here is a video I wanted to share. I was night flying with a friend of mine. I was flying an eflite apprentice and he was flying a crash test hobby deep reaper. Both rigged for FPV. Somehow after chasing him around a bit we managed to meet head on, needless to say I got reaped by the reaper...:confused:

treadd

Uber N00b
I think one day the FPV hobby will get reaped when someones plane crashes into a moving car. Sorry, but FPV over populated areas in the daytime is not a great idea, FPV at night over populated areas, REALLY bad idea. This is a prime example...what are the chances of two planes crashing head on? Slim to none, yet it happened. What are the chances you are going to land on someones head, or into a major intersection? Slim to none, but it could happen.

With all the press that FPV and 'drones' are getting, its not going to take much for the media to go apeshit on what would otherwise be a minor incident. (relatively speaking)

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Most likely wise words from the Left Coast, the Land of Civil Litigation! :rolleyes:

However, out here in Rural America where the closest neighbor is over a mile away and cars are hours apart on the highways it would be no issue at all.;)

Thurmond

earthsciteach

Its one of those things...

I've lived most of my live in rural areas where I never even considered whether I was pissing off neighbors, because I'd REALLY have to do something phenomenal to piss them off. Now, I live in a neighborhood with an HOA. I pretty much ignore the HOA. Turns out, what I do in my life really doesn't intrude on others in any way, shape or form.

Well, there was that one time that I was at my buddy's house down the street and some guy showed up with a 4-10 pistol. I'd never seen a 4-10 pistol. What else are ya gonna do, but shoot it? The police came rather quickly...

treadd

Uber N00b
Most likely wise words from the Left Coast, the Land of Civil Litigation! :rolleyes:

However, out here in Rural America where the closest neighbor is over a mile away and cars are hours apart on the highways it would be no issue at all.;)

Thurmond

I should have clarified that my comment was directed to wherever the video above was taken. That didn't look too rural to me, which prompted my comment. If the video showed a few lights from farmhouses out in the distance, I wouldn't have said anything. :)

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Its one of those things...

I've lived most of my live in rural areas where I never even considered whether I was pissing off neighbors, because I'd REALLY have to do something phenomenal to piss them off. Now, I live in a neighborhood with an HOA. I pretty much ignore the HOA. Turns out, what I do in my life really doesn't intrude on others in any way, shape or form.

Well, there was that one time that I was at my buddy's house down the street and some guy showed up with a 4-10 pistol. I'd never seen a 4-10 pistol. What else are ya gonna do, but shoot it? The police came rather quickly...

Not a .410 derringer was it?

Thurmond