fpv problem?

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
fpv jello is usually related to vibrations, are the servos in close proximity to the cam, is the cam hard mounted or mounted on vibration dampening foam or gel
is the cam mounted on pan tilt servos?

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
to be certain its not vibration hold the cam in your hand as far away from your servos and then move the servos to see if it still happens
if it still happens you maybe getting servo electrical noise interference.........fpv gear is sensitive to this noise
how are you powering the cam, from your receiver?
can you scribble down a wring diagram and post it for us

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
have heard of this issue as well as other symptoms when power FPV gear from the receiver......I would then get yourself a 5.5 volt Ubec voltage regulator and power your fpv gear thru the ubec, it will provided a constant voltage
I would also pick up a couple JST connectors that match your battery's balance plug and power your Ubec from your battery balance jst plug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBYWING-...170927?hash=item1ce5c7f42f:g:FHYAAOSwKKpeZ19w

Last edited:

Innaviation

Okay, I think i've had similar troubles in the past... normally the solution for me is to run the camera off of a different battery then the one powering the rest of the plane. Have you checked the voltage requirements for the camera? It may be that when you use the servos on the plane battery voltage drops a bit and causes the camera to black out a bit.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
All of my FPV equipment runs off 12v. I tap the balance plug of my 3S flight pack.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
Okay, I think i've had similar troubles in the past... normally the solution for me is to run the camera off of a different battery then the one powering the rest of the plane. Have you checked the voltage requirements for the camera? It may be that when you use the servos on the plane battery voltage drops a bit and causes the camera to black out a bit.
a second battery is perfect if you have that kind of room and most dont with all the gear fpv uses
here is an alternative I posted above that works well using only one onboard battery and a voltage regulator, it eliminates various sources of interference from your ESC motor etc etc, best way to get a clean signal and I also run a $3 lc filter module

I would then get yourself a 5.5 volt Ubec voltage regulator and power your fpv gear thru the ubec, it will provided a constant voltage
I would also pick up a couple JST connectors that match your battery's balance plug and power your Ubec from your battery balance jst plug
powering your fpv system from your battery's balance lead avoids ESC motor electrical noise especially if you use a ubec and lc filter ...less than $10 in parts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/iFlight-LC...322760?hash=item3fb805ba48:g:oX4AAOSwKphcSSHm

Last edited: