FPV reccomendations

2jujube7

I currently have a cheap $20 all in one camera that I've been using on all of my planes (pretty much all scratchbuilt ft planes) The camera that I have now is 600TLV, and I really enjoy flying with it. However, the range isn't so good, as well as the quality. I spent an hour or so looking for both a good quality budget camera and transmitter that should hopefully be 1200TLV (So double the resolution :D) and under roughly $60 together. (This is flexible, just a ballpark.) Some ideas I could find is this camera on amazon for $25, or the Razer mini/micro which is also $25. I don't need the camera to record footage, my ground station can do that (School chromebook connected to a $20 reciever :D). A transmitter that seemed pretty good was this one for $25, does it seem okay? (And yes, I do know how to solder :D) I fly often at a double football field size area at my local school, but on weekends I make the trip to a bigger flying club nearby that has a much bigger flight area. (probably 500yds x 300yds ) Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks y'all :)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
When it comes to FPV range, your antenna is critical. I have gone well over a mile on a 200 mW vTx.
The equipment you found looks good, you will still need a decent antenna to make it work.

Here is the first of an 8 part series that helped me a lot.

2jujube7

When it comes to FPV range, your antenna is critical. I have gone well over a mile on a 200 mW vTx.
The equipment you found looks good, you will still need a decent antenna to make it work.

Here is the first of an 8 part series that helped me a lot.
Okay, thanks for your help :)