Fpv signal not working

Gatormurica

Hello, hope everyone is well. I have been flying my self-built kiss rig without fpv for some time. The reason is I wanted to gain non fpv flight skills Before I learn to fly fpv because my fpv system could fail in flight. Iv been gettin good. So I took a video transmitter and a runcam mini slim 2 and rigged them to my quad. All I get in my goggles is fuzzz or no signal. This fpv system worked on my guinny pig plane. I am not an expert but I have seen the term "noise" thrown around a lot. Is that the electromagnetic field around the wires? Could this be messing with my fpv system? If so is it messing with my video signal wire to my transmitter or the fpv signal out of my fpv transmitter's antenna? Could I add an inductor to my signal wire that goes to the transmitter?

Could my camera not be working? If it was not would I still get the fuzz or no signal on my goggles?

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
If you're sure that the Rx and Tx are both on the same channel, pure snow or fuzz usually means that the Vtx isn't transmitting. A black screen usually means that the VTx is working but the camera isn't.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The noise you are thinking about comes when you are actually in the air and working the throttle.

If you have just static on the bench then it can be several things. I would check to make sure both the camera and the VTX are getting proper power. Then make sure they are both set to the same band and the same channel. More information about what VTX and goggles you have may help us help you as well. Some brands have their band listings mixed up in their documentation so two bands are swapped as to what they are labeled as.

Edit: haha Sean.. we need to get with each other for time frames. We keep answering posts at the same tuime.

Gatormurica

I am using the Headplay SE V2 5.8G 40CH goggles and an AKK X1 40CH channel transmitter. My digital multimeter broke on me. I do not have my manual for the run cam swift mini. idk if there a light that comes on when it is powered. I know that my transmitter has power because it lights up. When I line up the ban and channel (or so I think) I get a black screen with a blue bock that is no signal. Does that point towards the camra? transmitter ban chart.PNG fpv goggles ban chart.PNG

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Camera would be the next logical step to look at. Make sure that has proper power. Most cameras these days have a range of voltages some however are still limited to either 5 or 12 v so make sure it is at least connected to proper voltage source. Then make sure the video out on the camera goes to video in on the vtx as well as the signal ground. Those are usually isolated in the VTX to help eliminate ground loop noise in the video.