JellyPickles

Hey everyone,
I recently took interest in FPV flight, and since I'm familiar with quadrotors, I thought I'd start with the Blade Nano QX FPV RTF. I wanted to make an investment into the fatshark goggles and the camera so I could use it later. However, I couldn't figure out anyway to receive onto the fatshark as well as an external monitor. Is there anyway to show what the fatshark is seeing on another monitor, or will I need an extra receiver?
Thanks!

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
Hey everyone,
I recently took interest in FPV flight, and since I'm familiar with quadrotors, I thought I'd start with the Blade Nano QX FPV RTF. I wanted to make an investment into the fatshark goggles and the camera so I could use it later. However, I couldn't figure out anyway to receive onto the fatshark as well as an external monitor. Is there anyway to show what the fatshark is seeing on another monitor, or will I need an extra receiver?
Thanks!

I bought the Nano QX FPV RTF right after Christmas (all-in-one version). I have over 120 flights on it already! It's a lot of fun. It does NOT come with any cables for the Fatshark goggles. It doesn't even come with the INSTRUCTION MANUAL for the Fatshark goggles (but you can get that by PDF download). So I bought this cable:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product...-(fpv)/av-cable-rca-to-4p-prong-120cm-fsv1403

...which enabled connecting the Fatshark goggles video-out jack to an RCA-jack video-in on the back of one of our TV sets. Yes, it worked fine....it's cool having the video on a big screen.

I also bought this cable:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/fat-shark/fat-shark/spm-jr-1m-ht-data-cable-fsv1410

..which connects the Fatshark head-tracking output to your radio. Assuming you have a compatible radio. It worked fine with my DX9 (I'm in the process of building an FPV plane based on a Bix3)...although it was a pain to set up (they don't give you the necessary radio setup instructions...not even in that PDF manual).

Klinger RC

The fat shark come with a cable you can plug into you tv. The tv is a perfect, HUGE monitor for indoor flying.