FPV - TBS Discovery Quad

MidwestRob

I measured the depth of the battery compartment and I think the 3700 should fit fine. There is a set of support spacers between the frame plates you can move forward to make room for a larger battery. I have mine set in the middle so the 3700 would be a tight fit, but moving the spacers forward would give plenty of room.

I think I like the x-copter calculator you linked better than the one I linked you. I'm still pretty new to the hobby so I'm not good at pairing equipment without number crunching tools like that.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Is it possible to use 2 2200's in parallel? I think it would be cheaper that way... I'm designing my own version of the TBS quad / OFM Seeker / MF Locust so I'd like to know how it would work out...

MidwestRob

I don't see why you couldn't as long as they fit. The TBS Discovery battery compartment dimensions are: 155x55x37mm

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I don't see why you couldn't as long as they fit. The TBS Discovery battery compartment dimensions are: 155x55x37mm

Thanks! I'll check my own design for measurements too.

BTW, doesn't the Discovery get props in the shot? I'm a bit puzzled by this one... I haven't noticed any props in videos I've watched...

MidwestRob

Finally got the chance to fly FPV a little recently. Short days and windy weather have limited my chances to fly lately. Spring can't get here soon enough!