FPV250

rcflyer729

fpv and rc planes
Looks like a plan:) hope it work out for you If you are using a 1800mah battery i think 5x3 props are way to small and it will be under powered I would go with a 1300mah battery and 5x4 props at least get 5x4 props

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
That battery may be a touch big, You'll probably be happier with a 1000 or 1300 to save some weight. But it should be ok. The nano-tech's should do well, extra C costs a bit more but gives you more headroom. I know the 2204's with 6045 props on a 30c 1300 aren't super happy - it will work...but the voltage starts sagging almost immediately on any hard punch out.

Some 6045 props would be a good idea, the 5030's will be ok for getting used to it - but those 2204's really perform with the 6045's. Just be sure to get lots of which ever you go with :)

You may also want to skip the bullet's. They do make it easier to swap things around...but on a mini weight makes a big difference and you probably won't be moving things around very often. Won't hurt to use them...but to me it's more work since then you have to solder on and shrink wrap all the bullets...plus they make routing the wires a bit trickier on a small frame since they make a section that can't bend or flex.

Hope you share a build thread with us :D

Crustacean

It'd definitely more work to do the bullets. I was actually thinking of just wiring it all direct, but i was worried that would cause issues during a hard crash. I guess if i have everything strapped down really well it wont be an issue. I think I'll take your advice and wire everything direct.

I'll probably grab 2 sets of 5030, two 5040, and two 6045. I'll see what i like and buy more when i decide.
As for battery, ill probably buy an 1800 and a 1300.

I'll definitely post a build thread! Keep an eye out for it in the coming weeks.
You guys were a huge help. I feel pretty confident about everything now.

rcflyer729

fpv and rc planes
sound like a good idea to get some of each props just keep in mind when you put the 6in props on your quad will not fly good at all until you re tune it.