Fr Sky Taranis Chat. Questions/Answers/Share

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
I figure that there is so much chatter about the Taranis there needs to be a home for it. So here we are.

Ask questions/Get answers/ Share all coolness that is Taranis Here.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
I will get things started I have made a couple threads about this radio and i will link them.

Haptic Feedback Mod

TARANIS Sound supplement StarWars

I also changed my Splash Screen

20140607_214431[1].jpg

Attachments

• YodaSplash.jpg
    YodaSplash.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Nice! Mine says "Good morning Master" each time I power up. I love tech that knows it's place!

On a side note, my wife thinks I've lost my mind...

Krtismo

Great idea starting this thread!

Here is the "How To" thread from RCGroups. It should be a helpful resource.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1914834

I'm really looking forward to what the Taranis has to offer. It will be my first radio when I can get one and I'm hoping the learning curve isn't too steep for me. I'm confident the online community will help me wade through any problems I might have.

Now...Off to start reading and watching YouTube in the mean time!

BTW, my name is Kurt also, so I might just steal that splash page!;)

Last edited:

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Hi guys. I was looking for the Turnigy 9XR Pro thread. Am I in the right place? Just kidding :). I need to start playing with my Taranis. How do you guys like yours so far? Are there different revisions of this TX? If so, how do I tell which one I have? I should probably take it out of the box before I ask these questions, because it's probably an obvious answer. I just have not had the time to sit down and really check it out. It came in the mail, I did a quick visual inspection for physical damage, and back in the box it went.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Nice! Mine says "Good morning Master" each time I power up. I love tech that knows it's place!

On a side note, my wife thinks I've lost my mind...

So many jokes that could be said... but this being a family friendly site. :)

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Hi guys. I was looking for the Turnigy 9XR Pro thread. Am I in the right place? Just kidding :). I need to start playing with my Taranis. How do you guys like yours so far? Are there different revisions of this TX? If so, how do I tell which one I have? I should probably take it out of the box before I ask these questions, because it's probably an obvious answer. I just have not had the time to sit down and really check it out. It came in the mail, I did a quick visual inspection for physical damage, and back in the box it went.

Well you can find the 9XR pro where it belongs... it the trash. Kidding. Anyhow yes there is only one Taranis currently. I do enjoy it. Very versatile.

I just installed my FLVSS voltage meter and found that what I thought was an accurate reading while flying...was really depends on throttle position and current draw on the battery. Of course it's common sense...but I didn't realize that until I got back and was scratching my head why my cells were at 3.94 volts! Found this awesome tutorial last night and need to try it out. I'd be interested to see if anyone else on here has done something similar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni0YlP3NBwM

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
I just installed my FLVSS voltage meter and found that what I thought was an accurate reading while flying...was really depends on throttle position and current draw on the battery. Of course it's common sense...but I didn't realize that until I got back and was scratching my head why my cells were at 3.94 volts! Found this awesome tutorial last night and need to try it out. I'd be interested to see if anyone else on here has done something similar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni0YlP3NBwM

That is a good setup or battery warnings. Thanks for sharing Dave!

No problem...of course my sensor just crapped out on me, so I'll have to wait a little while until I get a new one shipped out to test it out, but seems like a fantastic idea!

-Dave

MrClean

I was using mine in the field this weekend when the left hand row of buttons pushed through. The buttons are each on an individual spru that is held in place on two pins in the front transmitter case which go through two plastic washers on their own spru on the assembly. They then appear to be melted much like you would mount a propeller or wheel on a plastic model aircraft. It appears that on that side mine had not been melted quite enough. I had to dis-assemble the radio, remove the main board, heat up a piece of music wire and touch it to the pin to seal it down. I now have my menu button back.

Other then you have to program everything on this radio I really love it. I'll be saving examples of aircraft like the available examples they have and then loading Ver 2.0 when I get a chance. It's really a powerful radio where you can program everything. I like it a lot but need to spend more time with it so as to remember more readily how to program it, which you have to do.

Things were simpler on JR's and Futaba's but not nearly as flexible.

Gotta get around to that haptic feedback too.