Free, easy video editer for YouTube?

Vimana89

Legendary member
My building and flying is getting a lot better, but all I have so far on my YouTube is raw, unedited video clips. I'm a complete newb at video editing and would like a preferably free, easy, user friendly program for editing. Nothing fancy just need it to: 1.), edit and cut parts where the plane leaves the screen and stuff.2.), add text and music.3.) Compile a video from pieces of multiple different clips of footage. That's all I need out of it, in as easy and accessible a format as possible. Any recommendations?

Mortis

My building and flying is getting a lot better, but all I have so far on my YouTube is raw, unedited video clips. I'm a complete newb at video editing and would like a preferably free, easy, user friendly program for editing. Nothing fancy just need it to: 1.), edit and cut parts where the plane leaves the screen and stuff.2.), add text and music.3.) Compile a video from pieces of multiple different clips of footage. That's all I need out of it, in as easy and accessible a format as possible. Any recommendations?

Take a look here: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...deo-editing-software.22405/page-2#post-473022

FDS

Elite member
It can do music sync fine, you can trim, edit, fade and loop the music score.

TexMechsRobot

Posted a thousand or more times
Try HitFilm Express. Free. Not necessarily easy but not hard either. And there are a ton of online and YouTube tutorials.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Thanks for all the responses! There's also another someone recommended in a private conversation ill have to dig up. I'll see what works best for me and go from there(y)

JGplanes

VSDC is good if your video doesn't exceed 1080p. It has a little bit of a learning curve, but is very capable. Check out my YouTube channel for examples. Nearly all the long multi-edits are done in VSDC.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member

ariane_far1985

I started video editing using lightworks software. This helps me a lot to start editing when I was beginner. It is simple and initiative interface. As you mentioned you are a newbie you can use this application with no editing knowledge. The great advantage of this tool is you can prefer video tutorial it provides you at free of cost for learning. In light works you can also edit sound clip for your video to give your video a professional touch. But make sure to use high quality recorded sound using good lapel mic. Before recording carry a mic test online and check if mi is working well to record sound for videos. Otherwise you can also edit sound clip recorded by local mic. Lightworks will help you editing video nicely and easily also you can edit sounds for your video no matters which mic you use.

Now I use Adobe Premiere Pro plan to professionally edit videos for my channel. But you do not need to invest much on this. Lightworks is nice and easy software to start as a beginner. Try as per my advise.

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I started video editing using lightworks software. This helps me a lot to start editing when I was beginner. It is simple and initiative interface. As you mentioned you are a newbie you can use this application with no editing knowledge. The great advantage of this tool is you can prefer video tutorial it provides you at free of cost for learning. In light works you can also edit sound clip for your video to give your video a professional touch. But make sure to use high quality recorded sound using good lapel mic. Before recording carry a mic test online and check if mi is working well to record sound for videos. Otherwise you can also edit sound clip recorded by local mic. Lightworks will help you editing video nicely and easily also you can edit sounds for your video no matters which mic you use.

Now I use Adobe Premiere Pro plan to professionally edit videos for my channel. But you do not need to invest much on this. Lightworks is nice and easy software to start as a beginner. Try as per my advise.
a really easy free and simple one is openshot video editor

peraspera

As far as I remember, Lightworks had a nasty limitation on the size of the video in a free version. I remember discovering it while I was trying to edit my .mkv file. Wasn't too happy.
Adobe Premiere is great, certainly, but it might be an overkill for a novice. Moreover, it's on the pricey side.
Just recall the software my daughter uses for her projects: I borrowed her laptop to make some edits. It's called Movavi, and you can get it here: quite easy to use, I usually add some effects before uploading my clips on YouTube. The best thing is that I don't need a top CPU for this.

Last edited: