FREE PLANS WITHOUT BUILD VIDEOS?!?!

mjmccarron

Absolutely! The kits that are available are a great learning platform. Anyone with a couple of builds under their belt should have little or no trouble with plans alone. If they do, this forum is full of people, myself included, willing to help!

Thanks,
Mike

MistyArrows

Yes! By the way this is my first action on the forum. I heard the question on the podcast and had to reply. I have two builds under my belt (the cub and the sparrow. I have my daughter cutting out the plans for the scout today.) and I think I have a pretty good handle of things. I'd be up for it! I plain on doing the sea duck this winter. I also want to say I really got excited with the idea of having a mini and a jumbo sea duck!

Loving the community here!!!

slipshift

I really like the build videos, very helpful and entertaining, but if it means delaying plans (or even not releasing them) I can muddle through without a video. Good work and thank you Flite Test crew, I never would or could afford to get into this hobby without you.

Jim

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Yes! By the way this is my first action on the forum. I heard the question on the podcast and had to reply. I have two builds under my belt (the cub and the sparrow. I have my daughter cutting out the plans for the scout today.) and I think I have a pretty good handle of things. I'd be up for it! I plain on doing the sea duck this winter. I also want to say I really got excited with the idea of having a mini and a jumbo sea duck!

Loving the community here!!!
Well howdy MistyArrows. So nice to see you join in and post.

Normally I like to pounce on the first time forum posts and request some info. It's a pleasant thing for the community and sometimes we get to discover others in our area. There's another thing about the forum, we like photos & videos.

The sea duck will be fun to see flying off the snow. Looking forward to that one for sure.

Welcome to the forum, Brother.
—Jim

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
haha! WOW, such a great response! I have been in contact with josh a bit more about this and we are in the process of working out the BEST WAY to make this a reality! ;) Once again thanks so much for your feedback and for your engagement! Ill see if we can't hit this HARD after Flite Fest South is over! Lastly, these plans will be in ADDITION to the build videos... so more or less the schedule will stay the same, just will be adding some extra fun goodies from multiple avenues! ;)

You all are the BEST and as always happy building and happy flying!! We shall keep you all posted!

Blessings,
Stefan

Mach60

You could always create a category system or classification system for the plans so you have rough and dirty, basic, and complete for ideas/concepts, no build video/still needs some refinement, and ready for mass use. Just a thought.

Happy skies and blessings guys!

Dave

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Any update on this Stephan? It has been almost a whole DAY since Flite Fest South. LOL

Mac82

Foam scraps? I got plenty
I know I'm a bit late to the party but, more build plans ? Hek yes 1000 times yes!!!
Even if they are experimental designs like the star fox arwing "cough cough" A s mentioned before there is a great community here and some amazing builders I'm sure most of us. ( veteran builders )could figure out how to build something from plans alone but instruction or build notes are always helpful.

Geeto67

Posting Elsewhere
I feel like if you make the plans available, the community will make the videos and then you can just link to them. Outsourcing content to the community for free...sounds like a win for everybody

Bob A

Sounds like a GREAT idea to me. I started building (balsa) airplanes from plans way back in '75, it's a little late for me to change habits now. Besuides, I've watched (almost) all of your building videos so I "think" I have the jist of it. ;-)

Bob

P.S. It was a pleasure meeting all of you brothers this past October, and you, Stefan, were an excellant guide through the Flitetest facility. Thank You. (big) :)

Last edited:

John Patterson Sr

Being a Newby to FT and Foam builds, I agree that it should be posted so that us newbies would know that the new plans don't have a build video. So far I've built WWI, buddies, WWII buddies, Sportster and Simple Cub. Loving every minuet of it. ( flying still has some bugs in it). I would love to see the WWI buddies scaled up to the B/C size power packs- Simple Cub size. (35"-40" wing span.) Would be great to have that pair in that size. I'd be the first in line for 'em. JP

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I would love to see the WWI buddies scaled up to the B/C size power packs- Simple Cub size. (35"-40" wing span.) Would be great to have that pair in that size. I'd be the first in line for 'em. JP

I'll be right there at the front of the line with you for those! :)

BillH

Please update the older plans to the standard set by the newer ones like the Simple Scout. Referencing the original mustang.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Please update the older plans to the standard set by the newer ones like the Simple Scout. Referencing the original mustang.

There is progress going on with the FT crew to redesign the Spitfire and Mustang using newer build methods and I'm sure we'll see those in the new plan layout.

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
I'm game! Having access to a laser I would love to cut a few of these out and build them up. As many planes as I've designed and built on the side, I can only imagine the catalog of planes that Josh has thought up over the years. Sounds like a blast to me! I'd be willing to do some step by step build photo blogs/articles to supplement the plans as well. Bring them on!

Justin