FREE PLANS WITHOUT BUILD VIDEOS?!?!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
OH MY GOSH!!! haha Fantastic... STRAIGHT CRUSHED IT!!!! lol

So.. I did talk to josh last week in which we talked about a few different models that we could put out very quickly and easily. I believe he was going to get in touch with you DAN, which if he did not, then I would give him a call/text and get things moving ;) . He has some more info and once you guys get connected it should be simple moving forward at least for the first few designs!

Let me know if you have any other questions my friend and how the convo goes with J-bix!!

Blessings,
Stefan

I'll try to call him after he gets back from his trip. With the meetings, and this little crowd funding thing he's got going on, he might be a little preoccupied at the moment. ;)

tcalico

The plans have so many common features, I feel the it be would not be difficult to figure out the assembly without a build video. Also, I have found that watching several different build videos has actually help me figure out questions I have had even, after watching the build video. The different build videos mention tips and techniques in different ways, I would recommend a noob watch several build videos before a first build to get a good understanding how FT planes go together.

TooJung2Die

Master member
I'll try to call him after he gets back from his trip. With the meetings, and this little crowd funding thing he's got going on, he might be a little preoccupied at the moment. ;)

If that's the reason we aren't seeing any plans then it is going to be a long time. :( The RC Air Park is going to be awesome.

jamboree1

I'm still waiting on the plans. Being a Beta Build Sucker, who needs video? Besides after you have built a few planes assembly comes naturally. RC groups scratch build foamies has been doing build logs by photos for ages.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
This initiative is very much alive. These designs will be given the designation FTX (Flite Test eXperimental). I'm currently working on the plans for the first FTX release. While I can't divulge what that design is, I can say people will be excited about it once it's announced. Alex is working on the branding/artwork for this new series, so I'll need that before the plans can get released.

I hope you like the name FTX, I came up with it. I think it sounds a lot better than Free Plans Without Build Videos (FPWBV), no offense Stefan. :p

Chuppster

I hope you like the name FTX, I came up with it. I think it sounds a lot better than Free Plans Without Build Videos (FPWBV), no offense Stefan. :p

Yes!!! FTX is an awesome name! I'm so stoked and I have no idea what the plans are for! If you get any more details on a timeline please update us!!!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
FTX sounds like a great name to me! :)

Are they going to be released in the Resources area of the forums?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
FTX sounds like a great name to me! :)

Are they going to be released in the Resources area of the forums?

I'm not sure on the resources location just yet. TBD. But, that would probably be the best place for it.

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
It would certainly beat the idea of releasing videos of builds without plans or kits available.

Morgan

Screenshot_20180519-085344.png

First one ?

UCChris

MO Flight Crew
Of course the FT community would love free plans. I've only built two FT planes but I decided to sit down with my teenage sister and help her build a FT Mini Speedster. Wanted to challenge myself so we did it without the build video and now it's a really fun chuck plane!

Point is, most the FT builds use common build techniques. Once you know how to read the plans and the building techniques, it's fairly easy from there.