Free Simulators

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
yeah maybe lol. been slowing down lately due to high quantities of school work.
also nice signature lol. congrats on the part 107.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
I get ya on school work... I'm homeschooled and just started training for my Pilots licence so maths everywhere!

Yeah NAAS is a bit of a joke actually, just do some work for the old man and some local farmers with my Bixler. :eek:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Oh i thought you had a DJI or something. lol.
yeah im homeschooled as well but im also doing dual enrollment. 2 college classes a semester. it's a lot of work. currently finishing my second major essay for english 101 that is due in..... lets see... 1 hour and 34 minutes. (good thing its not REALLY due. its just due to be passes in so the teacher can give us a preliminary non-binding grade to let us know where we are at and to give us advice about how to make it better)

Userofmuchtape&glue

Haha nope. Can't afford one of those! Just to this kinda thing:

Capture.PNG
8.PNG
1.PNG

Good luck with your essay! I must be a bit behind you in grade... oh well don't mind being young! :black_eyed:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Haha nope. Can't afford one of those! Just to this kinda thing:

View attachment 104180
View attachment 104181
View attachment 104182

Good luck with your essay! I must be a bit behind you in grade... oh well don't mind being young! :black_eyed:

wow that is stunning!!! i want to do that!!

also i dont wanna be *that guy* and i dont really mean all this when i say: do you have part 107? do you have it registered with the faa? you are way over 400 feet!!! was this fpv? if so did you have a ham license?

lol jk. keep having fun!!

you might not be behind me in grade. i am a junior. also im a bit young for my grade because of summer birthday. PS: you should do dual enrollment if you can. you can use it for high school credits and you get free college credits while you are at it! like my english class right now. i get high school credits and college and its free (besides paper and textbook of course)

Userofmuchtape&glue

Thanks man!

I am in Australia and CASA states that if your aircraft weighs under 2.5kgs (which my Bixler does) then it may be used for commercial purposes. My dad used to pay me for them, and I have never been paid by others for pics so I'm all good there.

As for altitude, the limit is 120 meters (400ft) in controlled airspace. the nearest airport is 40kms away and is kinda just a bush strip for light planes.

I don't have a OSD running currently, so I don't know my altitude but I am limited to that last pic in terms of 5.8ghz vertical range. And yes it was FPV.

I appreciate your concern... :black_eyed: We are right out in the middle of nowhere and have 633.000 hectares of trees and scrub to our left and farm land to our right.

So yeah I may be over 120m but I just use ignorance as my excuse LOL. Its all within visual range. :D

The camera is a hawkeye firefly Q6 that cost me $65. Find it on banggood.com
I just use a $5 video switcher to change between my main flight camera (hs177) and the firefly. just a switch on the remote, the firefly is pointing down a bit so it helps to line up the shots. I record the whole flight in 4k @ 24fps and take screen shots when I want to afterwards.

All up, about $350AUD in the FPV, plane, camera and radio gear!

Abe

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Thanks man!

I am in Australia and CASA states that if your aircraft weighs under 2.5kgs (which my Bixler does) then it may be used for commercial purposes. My dad used to pay me for them, and I have never been paid by others for pics so I'm all good there.

As for altitude, the limit is 120 meters (400ft) in controlled airspace. the nearest airport is 40kms away and is kinda just a bush strip for light planes.

I don't have a OSD running currently, so I don't know my altitude but I am limited to that last pic in terms of 5.8ghz vertical range. And yes it was FPV.

I appreciate your concern... :black_eyed: We are right out in the middle of nowhere and have 633.000 hectares of trees and scrub to our left and farm land to our right.

So yeah I may be over 120m but I just use ignorance as my excuse LOL. Its all within visual range. :D

The camera is a hawkeye firefly Q6 that cost me $65. Find it on banggood.com
I just use a $5 video switcher to change between my main flight camera (hs177) and the firefly. just a switch on the remote, the firefly is pointing down a bit so it helps to line up the shots. I record the whole flight in 4k @ 24fps and take screen shots when I want to afterwards.

All up, about $350AUD in the FPV, plane, camera and radio gear!

Abe

wow that is an amazing price for that quality of camera!!!!

also nice you have your bases covered lol. i was pretty much joking. i dont have my ham license and i do 25mW 5.8Ghz fpv. i also am not registered with the faa or anything lol. i dont think ive gotten close to 400 feet though. i also have technically flown in a no fly zone but... its a pond. lol. literally just a pond that people land on in the summer sometimes. when you are within 5 miles you are supposed to call the airport but.... its a pond. haha cant really call it. also its my local community center and every kid nearby with a toy quadcopter flies there so.... there is a real airport no fly zone that the field is just BARELY out of though.

IMG_2064 (2).PNG

as you can see, i am within the no fly zone for the seaplane base but there are 2 right near by. one at the corner of the field and another a few hundred feet to the north.

so yeah, im more guilty than you so it was pretty much a joke lol. i also live in a pretty rural area and i obviously would land if i saw a plane coming. lol. heck, theres an AMA club that is within 3 miles of one of the airports. lol.
i want to do it legally though so maybe sometime this summer i will get my ham and register with the faa.

have fun flying!!

Userofmuchtape&glue

Yeah this is my second Q6, the first one hit a seeder at full throttle closely followed by the skyfun it was on.... :black_eyed:

How's the range with 25mW? I use 600 and get about 2km range with cloverleaf antennas. but up to 2000mW is legal here... :applause:

We are pretty lucky with our RC laws, only need insurance if you join a club that needs it but its like $50 a year with 1mil payout so its kinda worth it.

And you can do what ever you want with fpv pretty much... must be to make up for our tight gun laws! :p

And university is a good 6 years of for me... but thanks I am looking into things I can do for uni prep.

Abe

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
i havnt really tested the range. i have only flown inside up until a couple weeks ago (this is with the eachine e010s tiny whoop) and when i did i crashed in some water. luckily it still worked and i havnt plugged it in again since lol. i have only gotten bad breakup when flying from my bedroom on the 2nd floor and trying to fly through multiple walls and a 2.4/5.8 wifi router lol. from what ive seen, though, 25mW can work quite well. they limit you to that at most races for safety reasons.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Fair enough. I have heard about the 25mw restriction at races.... but don't have a race worthy quad or a local league so I'll use 200 on my next quad.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
haha yeah they did break some stuff but you have to think, he caused someone else to lose their whole quad which is hundreds of dollars so.... also possibly putting lives in danger bc someone could crash into bystanders at 90mph and those spinny blades of death wouldn't feel so good.

i think this was part of the reason that steele left rotor riot. they disagreed about whether that punishment was okay. you know, they released the video that said "hammers are bad" and steele left shortly after that. im not certain but i think steele thought the punishment was deserved and the others didnt. also he had some disagreements with the chads as well. someone did a livestream interview podcast thing with steele and kapper individually and talked to them about it. i dont think they had any hard feelings, they just didnt agree so steele split. and thus was the beginning of steele's #vanlife lol.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Yeah I didn't watch it with sound so I might have missed the context.

Chad was with FT at some point... and left here to. Dunno why! Also it would depend on your financial position.... for a sponsored pilot like the rotor riot guys getting your quad smashed up would be a pain but not devastating. on the other hand, a young whipper snapper who has spent the last year mowing lawns to save up for his quad... yeah. that'ud hurt!

Ah well. we live and learn

Abe

OlliePackman

Picasim has been great, and now I'm getting interested in sloping (it has a lot of slope soarers). If you are going for the Android variant you can get the full app on the Amazon App store for free. Every time you launch the app the developer gets a kick back.

I have it on my Ipad as well, and I paid for it to support the developer. I like it better on my android, and FireTv stick because I can use a game controller. While the game controller isn't much like an RC Tx, it does have sticks in the right places. On the Mac I use Picasim through WINE, and I use an old Aerofly "game commander" usb controller (it looks/feels like an RC Tx).
I have had loads of mobile Sims. Picasim Is the best. Really realistic and has a decent amount of free stuff to begin with. Absolutely worth 8 dollars for the first version.