• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

"Freedom" all a glow...

"Freedom" all a glow... UPDATE 12/10

Finally got my wing all done with about 300 LED's give or take a few. Now to save for some multi color lights to add to the bottom...

Last edited:

earthsciteach

This just in.... There has been a huge upsurge in the number of UFO sightings in Michigan...

Wow, 300 LEDs? Can't miss that! I'd love to get some RGB LEDs. I'm not sure I can find them with a controller small enough to mount on a plane, though. Cost is a bit prohibitive, too.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
This just in.... There has been a huge upsurge in the number of UFO sightings in Michigan...

Wow, 300 LEDs? Can't miss that! I'd love to get some RGB LEDs. I'm not sure I can find them with a controller small enough to mount on a plane, though. Cost is a bit prohibitive, too.
I purchased 2 rolls of 300 (10 meters total) RGB led strips from e-bay recently and the controller is only .9" thick and 2" length and width 1.4"

Weight is about 10 grams max.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-5050-SMD...677231?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item35c34a0eaf

Thurmond

A short video of "Freedom" up close... Still not finished with the LED's. I am adding some multi color ones to the bottom along with a remote control switch to turn all of the LED's on and off. To bright to look at when launched! I think I will do a little rewiring and have the wingtips and a few white LED's on the bottom turned on only to start with then turn the rest on once it's flying... Mudman1959

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I have a rcvr ctrl'd switch and I'm having troubnle making it work. It comes with a schematic that looks easy enough but I really wanted something that was plug and play. Is the switch you have pictured above plug and play or is there extra wiring, splicing, soldering, necessary?