"Freedom" all a glow...

mudman1959

"Freedom" all a glow... UPDATE 12/10

Finally got my wing all done with about 300 LED's give or take a few. Now to save for some multi color lights to add to the bottom...

Last edited:

earthsciteach

This just in.... There has been a huge upsurge in the number of UFO sightings in Michigan...

Wow, 300 LEDs? Can't miss that! I'd love to get some RGB LEDs. I'm not sure I can find them with a controller small enough to mount on a plane, though. Cost is a bit prohibitive, too.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
This just in.... There has been a huge upsurge in the number of UFO sightings in Michigan...

Wow, 300 LEDs? Can't miss that! I'd love to get some RGB LEDs. I'm not sure I can find them with a controller small enough to mount on a plane, though. Cost is a bit prohibitive, too.

I purchased 2 rolls of 300 (10 meters total) RGB led strips from e-bay recently and the controller is only .9" thick and 2" length and width 1.4"

Weight is about 10 grams max.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-5050-SMD...677231?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item35c34a0eaf

Thurmond

mudman1959

A short video of "Freedom" up close... Still not finished with the LED's. I am adding some multi color ones to the bottom along with a remote control switch to turn all of the LED's on and off. To bright to look at when launched! I think I will do a little rewiring and have the wingtips and a few white LED's on the bottom turned on only to start with then turn the rest on once it's flying... Mudman1959

mudman1959

Remote switch

I finally added the Nano Electronic Remote Switch to the Divinity. I rewired the plane so that the wingtips will be on only at launch and the remaining lights can be switched on after the launch to protect my night vision. The Switch is from West Michigan Park Flyers http://www.wmparkflyers.com/ners-nano-electronic-receiver-switch-p-138.html and cost is around $12. It works great!

138-NERS_-_Nano_Electronic_Receiver_Switch_V2-1733_large.jpg

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I have a rcvr ctrl'd switch and I'm having troubnle making it work. It comes with a schematic that looks easy enough but I really wanted something that was plug and play. Is the switch you have pictured above plug and play or is there extra wiring, splicing, soldering, necessary?