Friend of FT looking for help developing an LED Driver Board

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I was trying to comment, but I need to have facebook for that on GoFundMe :-(.

Can you ask him to add more details? I can see some blinking lights in the video and a control board, but nothing really about what it's supposed to do other than "drive LEDs" and having multiple modes. :)

What kind of LEDs?
I guess it's for multicolor LEDs?
How many LEDs are supported?
You can switch modes / patterns using RC, how many?
How do you program new patterns?

rcpilotp51

The bomb diggy
I was trying to comment, but I need to have facebook for that on GoFundMe :-(.

Can you ask him to add more details? I can see some blinking lights in the video and a control board, but nothing really about what it's supposed to do other than "drive LEDs" and having multiple modes. :)

What kind of LEDs?
I guess it's for multicolor LEDs?
How many LEDs are supported?
You can switch modes / patterns using RC, how many?
How do you program new patterns?

Balu, I updated the description on the Go Fund Me page and will be adding a "better" video soon.

What kind of LEDs? RGB LEDs, specifically addressable RGB LEDs (working with supplier to offer with the board)

How many LEDs are supported? I'm going to have to do some more testing, but the estimated number is 1,440. 10 "zones" of 144 LEDs (144 LEDs/meter strip)
You can switch modes / patterns using RC, how many? Currently 3 patterns via 3 way switch; suggested "Orientation mode" be one; so two others - set in the Mobile App.
How do you program new patterns? Via the GUI on the Mobile application.

Keith

http://www.gofundme.com/mobile_led_driver

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Donating more, now that I know what he's doing. That's awesome :)

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
PS: Have you thought about more patterns that can be switched through by toggling a switch instead of just having a three position switch?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
What do you mean? Jus toggling up and down through the patterns?

Yes, just rotate through a few patterns by flipping a switch. Doesn't even have to be up and down. Switch changes status, next pattern...

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I'd like to bump this too. Even if you don't need/want such a board, it'd be nice to support a cool idea with a few bucks.