From Beer Tote To RC Field Box

checkerboardflyer

I was in Kohl’s recently to buy some pants and noticed a small, wooden beer tote that they had for sale. Immediately I thought of adapting it to an RC field box. But the $50 price tag was way too much.

A couple of weeks later I was there again to do an Amazon return and noticed the beer tote on the 50% off rack. $25 was still a bit high, but I bought it anyway. When I went to the cashier he first gave me the 50% off, and then an additional 25% off the balance. So the cost was around $19. Did I mention that it comes with a bottle opener?

The first thing I did when I brought it home was to try some transmitters. The Spectrum DX6 was a tight fit. It would work, but it was not a good fit. I have two other transmitters, one is an Eflite for a Sport Cub S and a Hitec Neon SS for a Multiplex Easy Star powered glider. They both fit fine. The interesting thing about the Hitec is that the throttle is on the back.

I made a small, foam board container to keep the tools and batteries away from one another. More tips on my blog at: https://foamboardflyers.com

Attachments

• 1-Kohls field box - 3.jpeg
    1-Kohls field box - 3.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 4-eflite.jpeg
    4-eflite.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-foamboard separator.jpeg
    8-foamboard separator.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 9-pull tab.jpeg
    9-pull tab.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 10-Kohls field box - 9.jpeg
    10-Kohls field box - 9.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 0

Piotrsko

Master member
Can you drink all the vest beer before it gets warm? Definitely a plus in say summertime Phoenix