From Quad To Hang Glider

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
so i got a Air Hogs DR1 FPV Race Quad and its fun to fly but it doesnt last long in the air. so i went and turned into a hang glider.
0715181538.jpg

0719180243.jpg

the only thing i may change is the wing size. i think its a little to small to fly. i will post a flite video later today when it cools off. its over 100F right now in arkansas :|

heres the build video -

here the FPV at night. i wanted to test it before i went to bed -

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
small update. i remade the wing, made about 2-3in biger and changed the shape a little and added a small tail to help with the CG. it now flys so much better! now if the weather holds out for tomorro i hope to have a flite video up.
0720180049.jpg

dgrigor02

I certainly want to give a try. I made Peters paper airplane mod of a quadcopter for our 1st and 2cd grade sunday school class and wasn't very successful with it. Probably would try you hang glider with just two motors. Do you think could slow it down enough to play with in a gym with smaller kids ? Also is thrust angle very important or you mostly control the elevation by tweaking to slightly tail heavy ?

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
I certainly want to give a try. I made Peters paper airplane mod of a quadcopter for our 1st and 2cd grade sunday school class and wasn't very successful with it. Probably would try you hang glider with just two motors. Do you think could slow it down enough to play with in a gym with smaller kids ? Also is thrust angle very important or you mostly control the elevation by tweaking to slightly tail heavy ?
i hope this video answers what u need to know.

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
i made v3 of the wing. this time im using a BBQ skewer for the main spare (midde) and irs the best flying wing yet for this build.
37590514_2219751474721287_5765754627194617856_o.jpg

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
Hey Peter eat your heart out, i just one-uped u and made a RC plane out of a quad. your move! yes this thing does fly. but i need both hands to fly it so idk how i'll record it flying
37730678_2221699181193183_388986683963473920_o.jpg

Last edited: