FrSky DJT module wont fit in 9x!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I'd have thought module. The plastic is softer and more accessible. Judging by the picture, take a little off the right hand side of the pin receptacle thingy. Just start with a little, try and fit it, and repeat.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
'ok, did that, and it still wont slide into place!
EDIT: wow! I cut quite a bit of plastic off, but it slid right into place on my 3rd try! Picture soon

Oh yeah, when I turn the transmitter on it says "switch error" and beeps. What is that?!?

Last edited:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
That means you have at least one switch that's not in neutral position. Put all your switches up and it'll all start working.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
What he said. ER9x is open source firmware that can be installed on your 9x's ATMEGA chip. There are two ways to do it: 1. buy a <$5 AVR programmer (off ebay or HK) and solder the wires onto the soldering pads on the tx board; or 2. buy a Smartipants board, which is about $45 and screws on over the top of the circuit board, no solder required.

I went with option 1. There are very clear instructions on which wire to solder where and how to flash it with your pc: http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/Flashing_your_9x. I'm nothing special at soldering and didn't have any trouble with doing it that way.

In any case, like Thurmond said, the stock firmware is like a Ford. Usable, reliable, does the job just fine. ER9x makes the 9x competitive with ANY other 8 channel radio.

disq

Happened to me as well. After using a hobby knife to carve off some excess plastic from the back of the FrSky DJT module, I found out that it wasn't enough :) So I had to bust out the Dremel and cut off that plastic thing from the 9X module socket. (Of course, before cutting I first had to remove the back cover and back board, to save the pins...) It fits nicely now.