FRSKY Modules - what the difference ?

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
The second one you have listed includes a telemetry receiver. The first one does not have a telemetry receiver. That's why there's a price difference. The modules are identical.

Both receivers will give you the same range and frequency hopping pattern, but the telemetry one will progressively beep at you as the 2-way signal gets weaker, and you can plug all the telemetry gadgets into it.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
its odd how one receiver costs 18 dollars and the other 23 dollars, yet the price difference from product 1 to 2 its 13 dollars.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I know. Ideally, you'd buy the non-telemetry rx combo and a separate telemetry rx. However you can get buddycodes for the telemetry combo that brings the price difference down... If I was doing it again, I'd have got this rx as well, as it has rssi out so you don't have to try and judge signal strength by the beep frequency. I guess I'll get one with my next FPV plane if/when it happens...

MrClean

It's the telemetry. Recently I started purchasing the needed bits to add the FrSky to my Dx8 so that I can have the native Dx8 modes and then by plugging in and powering on, the FrSky modes in the same transmitter. There's instructions on how to do so on RCGroups. FrSky is fantastic but they don't have 6 dollar receivers for my foamy experiments.