Frsky Receiver and BlHeli esc compatibility issue

Beldraak

That is sound advice. I'm not sure it would have saved my esc though. It was drawing so much current that it vaporized the black wire on the super cheap jst harness that was hooked up to the esc. So then I tried a better wiring harness, but the battery and esc heated up so fast I had to unhook them before I could even start the reflashing process. By the time I thought to try using a 2s battery and putting all of the components on ice packs so they wouldn't burn up when I added power, the damage had already been done and I couldnt get blheli suite to read the esc.

Would a bulb in series limit the current to the point that I could have reflashed the esc, or would it be acting like a fuse just burning out when too much current is drawn? That is where my understanding of electricity starts to break down.

Mark 42

Has Emax updated the firmware on the ESC in the Power pack C?

https://store.flitetest.com/power-pack-c-fixed-wing-large/

I'm going to build an FT Duster.
Haven't flown for 20 years or more - I'm used to the old FM gear.

I have a FrSky Taranis QX7, and the FT Duster speed build kit.
I am not sure which receiver to buy.

Also, how many servos are used in the FT Duster?
The Power Pack kit comes with 6.
I see that these days people use one servo for each aileron - is that even possible with a 4 Ch receiver?
Is there a way to bridge the output from one channel to two receivers?

And of course, I have a million questions about ESC's - especially since I flew slope gliders.
Should I look for BLHeli in an ESC? Will other types work with (whichever FrSky receiver)?

grimbeaver

I am going to guess emax has not updated. I've got 3 of the 12a and none of them work with my Hitec Optima receivers. I don't get why Flite Test keeps selling these.