FRSKY Receiver - D4R-II - Antenna came off

Mode 1

Hey all.

When the goblin hit the ground last week one of the antennas came off the receiver. I know nothing about these but it looks like it could go back on or could easily be replaced. ( i can place it back over the base where it came from but It's lose compared to the other one. )However, it is a RX and I don't want to bump the ground again at a high rate of speed because i used a faulty RX. When I crash I prefer it to be 100% pilot error.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

20190519_171023-01.jpeg

FDS

Elite member
If you have the one that came off just plug it back in. If you see any damage to the wire or you lost it, then you want a replacement. They use the 3mm IPEX connector, measure the length of the remaining antenna and then buy one the same length from an Frsky stockist, they are pretty cheap and just clip back on.
Video howto here.

Mode 1

If you have the one that came off just plug it back in. If you see any damage to the wire or you lost it, then you want a replacement. They use the 3mm IPEX connector, measure the length of the remaining antenna and then buy one the same length from an Frsky stockist, they are pretty cheap and just clip back on.
Video howto here.

Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
I have just had to replace my antennae on a nearly new R-XSR receiver. I feel like the IPEX connectors are easily damaged or pulled off.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I have just had to replace my antennae on a nearly new R-XSR receiver. I feel like the IPEX connectors are easily damaged or pulled off.

I had to replace one on an older XSR which uses no connector, it's direct soldered. After that experience, I'll take the u.fl (ipex) connectors any day ;)

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
With those tiny connectors if you still have or can find the antennas the normally pop right back on. Sometimes you bend the outter clip and need to gently squeeze that back into shape.

In all cases be sure to hot glue the connector carefully or get a small can of flex seal and dab a bit of that over it to secure it.

As long as the exposed core is still there and undamaged it should be ok.