FrSky Taranis Q X7 ACCESS compatible receivers

ALVARO FARIA

Hello, I'm new here on the forum and I need help, my name is Alvaro and I'm from Portugal.
I recently purchased an EMAX BUZZ drone with the following specs:
Motor: FS 2306 2400kv / FS 2306 1700kv
Propeller: Avan Flow 5x4.3x3 & Avan Scimitar 5x2.6x3
Main Flight Controller: F4(OmnibusF4 firmware)
ESC: 4 in one 3s-6s 45A 32 bit ESC
Receiver: FrSky XM+ receiver 16 CH
Diversity Camera: Caddx Micro S1 CCD
VTX : 0-25-200mW Adjustable frequency 37CH With Smart Audio
I bought the radio FrSky Taranis Q X7 2.4Ghz 24CH ACCESS 16ch LBT
I tried to blind with xm plus but no effect, I updated the receiver's firmware to XM+_ACCST_2.1.2_LBT_RSSI16 but no effect.
My doubt is which receiver to buy that is compatible with the radio and the drone.

20220510_143443.jpg

tamuct01

A while ago, FrSky updated the firmware on their ACCST protocol to v. 2.x. This version is incompatible with any 1.x firmware. You may need to update the firmware on your XM+ receiver to get it to bind or use a multiprotocol module that can still talk to the Frsky ACCST 1.x firmware.

Tench745

Master member
Hello, I'm new here on the forum and I need help, my name is Alvaro and I'm from Portugal.
I recently purchased an EMAX BUZZ drone with the following specs:
Motor: FS 2306 2400kv / FS 2306 1700kv
Propeller: Avan Flow 5x4.3x3 & Avan Scimitar 5x2.6x3
Main Flight Controller: F4(OmnibusF4 firmware)
ESC: 4 in one 3s-6s 45A 32 bit ESC
Receiver: FrSky XM+ receiver 16 CH
Diversity Camera: Caddx Micro S1 CCD
VTX : 0-25-200mW Adjustable frequency 37CH With Smart Audio
I bought the radio FrSky Taranis Q X7 2.4Ghz 24CH ACCESS 16ch LBT
I tried to blind with xm plus but no effect, I updated the receiver's firmware to XM+_ACCST_2.1.2_LBT_RSSI16 but no effect.
My doubt is which receiver to buy that is compatible with the radio and the drone.
Hmm. Weird, the XM+ should theoretically work with the QX7. I would double check that you're trying to bind in ACCST D16 mode and that your firmware on both RX and TX is the most recent LBT version.
I don't have a QX7, but I know that the XM+ in my race quad works with the most recent ACCST firmware on my X9D+, so I don't think it's a problem with the firmware that tamuct01 mentions.

ALVARO FARIA

Hmm. Weird, the XM+ should theoretically work with the QX7. I would double check that you're trying to bind in ACCST D16 mode and that your firmware on both RX and TX is the most recent LBT version.
I don't have a QX7, but I know that the XM+ in my race quad works with the most recent ACCST firmware on my X9D+, so I don't think it's a problem with the firmware that tamuct01 mentions.

I have updated both receiver and transmitter to the latest versions I currently have it on the Q X7:
VERSION
FW: OPENTX-X7 ACCESS
VERS: 2.3.14-OTX (ie097919)
DATA: 2021-07-23
EEPR: 219
INTERNAL MODEL:
ISRM-N
111/216 EU
BOOTLODER 2.3.15-OTX

I finally managed to connect the x7 with xm+ but two problems arose.
The first is that the connection is not stable and it is always turning the connection on and off.
Second when I was testing the drone and only with the throttle the motors on the right side have more power than the ones on the left side.
Another thing that happened was that it suddenly shifted off the ground at full speed and only stopped because it had set AUX 1 to off.
Thank god nothing broke, but I'm in big trouble here.

Either the receiver is faulty or the flight control board is not configured correctly in betaflight.

I also updated the board to a newer version:
# Betaflight / STM32F405 (S405) 4.1.2 Dec 22 2019 / 02:19:35 (89051e256) MSP API: 1.42
# manufacturer_id: AIRB board_name: OMNIBUSF4 custom defaults: YES

Attachments

• BTFL_cli_20220616_152901.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 0

tamuct01

First things first, take your props off so there's no chance of injury. You should make sure all the motors are working correctly before putting props on and trying to fly outdoors.

Next, I'm glad that you were able to bind the Tx and Rx. When you say "connection" is the Rx going into failsafe mode? It's possible being very close and indoors you are getting interference causing problems.

Next, if you flashed a new Betaflight version to the FC it likely reset all previous settings. Did you make a backup before flashing? Otherwise, you will need to configure the board from scratch. That could explain the odd behaviors.

ALVARO FARIA

Thank you, it seems that I solved the problems I had, I really had failsafe configured on the radio as a receiver and turned off the option.

I was also having interference problems but when I left home and went to the field everything went well. The propellers were in the correct direction.

Now I have to learn to fly.

However, I'm going to buy this receiver, it seems more advisable for my radio.
Frsky R-XSR