FrSky X-Lite Not Showing anything in Betaflight

Michael C.

I just bought the X-lite and bound it to new iFlight Nazgul 5 4s version that has a FrSky R-XSR Receiver. It bound fine to X-Lite and on the transmitter T.A.Y. works. But when I plug into Betaflight none of the stuff except OSD shows up. In Receiver Tab, The sticks show no movement, and the switches show no movement in the Modes Tab? I did set all that up on the X-Lite. Anyone could possibly know why nothing is showing up in Betaflight? I need to set three modes and air mode and all that, but not showing anything. This is the first bnf one thats ever done this,and I have never used open tx before, so maybe there is something in x-lite that needs set right? Any help would be very thankful for!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You have to set betaflight up as serial protocol on the config tab. Save that. THEN reopen the new set of choices underneath that and set sbus.
If that does not solve the issue then it might be the latest betaflight is still borked on some things. you may have to back track one release.

Reactions: FDS

Michael C.

You have to set betaflight up as serial protocol on the config tab. Save that. THEN reopen the new set of choices underneath that and set sbus.
If that does not solve the issue then it might be the latest betaflight is still borked on some things. you may have to back track one release.
That was the settings it already had for this drone in Betaflight.Do I have to set my transmitter for s-bus also? I will install last version and see if that solves problem. Thank you for answering me!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The only other thing I could think of is changing the channels in the radio from D16 to D8 on the page where you bind the receiver. That has effected some flight controllers / prebuilds before too.

Maybe the Joshua Bardwell video on how to make a quad arm could have a solution not having to do with the receiver connections.

Michael C.

Thanks for help! Nothing worked! Tried everything! Watched a hundred video`s, and talked to several hobby shops, and nothing suggested works! I think I will just replace the whole stack and if that don`t fix it.I will just throw it off the side of a cliff! At least that way I`ll get one short flight on the piece of crap! Have a great day! :eek:)