Help! FrSky X lite wont connect to recievers

JackNZ

From the land down under
I have just bought my first FrSky transmitter and receivers and I bound up a couple of models and everything seemed to work fine. I then tried to set up a S8R receiver following a youtube tutorial and I could not get it to work for some reason so I was trying to update firmware and figure out how open TX works and now I cant get any of my receivers to bind anymore and I have no idea what I Have done or how to fix it.

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
I have just bought my first FrSky transmitter and receivers and I bound up a couple of models and everything seemed to work fine. I then tried to set up a S8R receiver following a youtube tutorial and I could not get it to work for some reason so I was trying to update firmware and figure out how open TX works and now I cant get any of my receivers to bind anymore and I have no idea what I Have done or how to fix it.
Hi JackNZ, Did you update the radio and/or the receiver firmware? I'm guessing because I just got new Taranus and I was reading how you could update the RX firmware by saving file to transmitter SD card. I'll be coming to this bridge soon, so let us know if you figure it out.

JackNZ

From the land down under
I have updated the Xlite fermware and I have managed to a D4R-II but its still not binding to my X8R.
It seems that it just doesn't want to bind in D16

Last edited:

JackNZ

From the land down under
I figured it out!!!
There is new firmware for the Internal RF module but for some reason only the EU version is shown on my radio and so I must have installed that, so all I have to do is install the EU firmware on my receivers.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Try binding in d8 and you should be good. Its posible that particular receiver can not do pwm or needs a jumper set to do it. (Usually on the side of the receiver)