FrSky XM+ with FT Aura 5

Rdjohn

Rdjohn
The servo outputs seem to be switched from the Aura 5. Moving the throttle on the transmitter moves the Aileron servo. Moving the Aileron moves the elevator servo. The rudder works fine. There is no throttle control. I've checked the wiring, all the servos are correctly hooked up. It's probably something simple. Any ideas?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Sounds like your transmitter has channel mapping set to AETR instead of TAER. You can either change it in your transmitter, or use the config gui to learn the mapping.

LB

Rdjohn

Rdjohn
The inputs are set at TAER in the Taranis x7 transmitter. That matches up with the Aura 5 diagram. Still haven't figured it out.

Rdjohn

Rdjohn
Hey LitterBug, you were right. The Aura5 shipped to me set for AETR. I had to switch my mixer page on the Taranis X7 to match.

Rdjohn

Rdjohn
Update on my Aura 5 experience. I reset the board to Flitetest 1.13 settings. The inputs are all back to normal. I enabled 6 axis mode and have the SB switch on my transmitter set to position 5. When I power up the model it seems to stay in 6 axis mode. The SB switch does not switch modes on the receiver. Any Ideas

LitterBug

Techno Nut
If you go to the channels monitor on your X7, does channel 5 change when you move the SB switch? If not, keep flipping switches and knobs till you find out what control is mapped to CH5. On my X9D CH5 is mapped to the SE switch. I had to reverse CH5 to get it to work the way I wanted it to.

Cheers!
LB

Rdjohn

Rdjohn
LB, on my outputs page I can see each each flight control change the us number on the top of the page for channels 1-4. None of the switches on the transmitter will change the us number for channel 5. Channel 5 is mapped to the SB switch on the inputs page.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
LB, on my outputs page I can see each each flight control change the us number on the top of the page for channels 1-4. None of the switches on the transmitter will change the us number for channel 5. Channel 5 is mapped to the SB switch on the inputs page.
Did you map it on the mixer and/or outputs pages?

LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
See screenshots of my config.

Attachments

• 20200711_140226.jpg
    20200711_140226.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200711_140240.jpg
    20200711_140240.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200711_140252.jpg
    20200711_140252.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
You need to edit CH5 on the mixer tab and set it to I05. Right now there is nothing assigned to the channel 5 mix. Once you do that, it should work.

Cheers!
LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I figured all this mapping and mixing out when getting the X9D a year or so ago. I "named" my inputs so that I could look at it and know Fmod = "flight mode" etc... like they did with Rud, Ele, Thr, Ail. Makes it self documenting and easier to read rather than having to look at I05 and go back to the input to see what switch is mapped to I05.