Fs-i6 upgrade to Radiomaster Boxer

RossFPV

I have an fs-i6 but i think i want the radiomaster boxer 4in1, what is easier, harder, or made possible when compairing the fs-i6 and the boxer? I think i want the boxer but im not 100% sure yet. Thanks for any help!

luvmy40

Elite member
I don't know the Boxer. Does it run Open TX or Edge TX? What's the advantage of the Boxer over the TX16S?

Regardless, it's going to be drastically different than the FSi6X. Much more versatile, but not quite as intuitive, IMHO. Spend some time going through the Edge or Open TX tutorials on youtube. It's not really what I call harder than working with the FS radio, just different.

RossFPV

I don't know the Boxer. Does it run Open TX or Edge TX? What's the advantage of the Boxer over the TX16S?

Regardless, it's going to be drastically different than the FSi6X. Much more versatile, but not quite as intuitive, IMHO. Spend some time going through the Edge or Open TX tutorials on youtube. It's not really what I call harder than working with the FS radio, just different.
It has edgetx, as far as i know it has the same capabilities as the tx16s but its $60 cheaper but it has the same screen as the zorro.

kdobson83

I have a Radiomaster TX16S mkii and I love it. The learning curve to figure out programming and what not is hard to get past. Especially if you don't know anyone using EdgeTx/OpenTx to help you. But the good thing is there are TONS of how to videos for these. EdgeTx is just an offshoot of OpenTx made by some guys who were tired of how slow the OpenTx devs were. So most of the OpenTx how to videos out there work for EdgeTx. The 4in1 internal module is amazing, will bind to just about any RX out there (except for the newer long range stuff).

In my opinion, the boxer is a decent radio. But personally I prefer the nicer bigger touch screen on my TX16S mkii over the boxers screen. I have a Jumper T-lite with a tiny screen that I use buddy boxing with my son and I hate programming that thing. Joshua Bardwell did a really good review on it. Take a few minutes and watch his review before you buy. He does a good comparison between the boxer and TX16S.