Solved FS-i6 V-Tail mixing

Lang W

I'm trying to set up a Durafly Bonanza with my TGY-i6 (identical to the FS-i6, so I'll just call it that) so I turned on the v-tail mixing, but it's backwards, up and down movement controls the rudder and left and right controls the elevators. There is no option to reverse this and I'm flying mode-1 so I can't just change to mode-4. Do I have to do custom mixing or is there another option?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I'm trying to set up a Durafly Bonanza with my TGY-i6 (identical to the FS-i6, so I'll just call it that) so I turned on the v-tail mixing, but it's backwards, up and down movement controls the rudder and left and right controls the elevators. There is no option to reverse this and I'm flying mode-1 so I can't just change to mode-4. Do I have to do custom mixing or is there another option?
If the servos are accessible. Take off the control horns and rotate them 180 degrees

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Or try reversing the elevator and rudder.
The v Tail mixes the rudder and elevator together, so if you reverse the elevator and rudder, you should be sorted

Lang W

I've already tried, the problem is with how it's being mixed I think, reversing the signal doesn't help.

Lang W

I think that the problem is with the way the mixing is done, not the servos. Here is a video of the problem.

Lang W

Nevermind, I did custom mixing and got it working, I just don't know if it's the best solution. The video that showed me how:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
No problem man 👍... Maybe someone on here knows a bit more than me about this tx ...
They might know the correct way to do this..

quorneng

Master member
Clearly everything is working but the elevator and rudder functions are responding to the wrong stick input.
There are quite as few combinations possible (8) with both servo reversing and which servo is connected to which rx port. You may have to try them all logically in sequence to find which works correctly.
I would be surprised if the mixing was 'odd' in the tx.