FS-i6s, Jumper T16, FRsky X-lite

happyface838

I have been using flysky ia6b with an atmospheric pressure sensor telemetry module (not sure of the designation at the moment) that plugs into the i-bus port. on the TGY i10 Tx, the pressure (and hence the altitude) was displayed on the large colour touchscreen)

bracesport

Legendary member
for full house glider I normally have 6 servos and if you have a prop you need 7ch - the GRX8 is a great choice with built in Vario - you can also get the GRX6 with built in Vario - these days I am moving away from the iA6 and iA6B in favour of the FRsky Rx gear - my latest ship the Fusion will have the FRsky RX6R which is over kill as I only need three channels, but it 'IS' small!

Happy to help with OTX.

happyface838

for full house glider I normally have 6 servos and if you have a prop you need 7ch - the GRX8 is a great choice with built in Vario - you can also get the GRX6 with built in Vario - these days I am moving away from the iA6 and iA6B in favour of the FRsky Rx gear - my latest ship the Fusion will have the FRsky RX6R which is over kill as I only need three channels, but it 'IS' small!

Happy to help with OTX.
How are you finding the move to frsky, now they are moving towards access protocol to stop people using them on 3rd party transmitters?
Do you just use the older accst spec receivers, I understood that all receivers shipped from the end of 2019 were no longer compatible, but could be wrong (according to wife, mostly wrong lol)

bracesport

Legendary member
Yay, my internal multi module just arrived - all going well I will be able to have one on transmit and one on receive to make a wireless buddy box for my son! :)

IMG_9592.JPG

bracesport

Legendary member
Hopefully today is the day to try and get the wireless trainer working - I downloaded the latest firmware for both the internal and the external multi-module and have added it to the SD card - next will be to locate it in the SD card, select and flash the new firmware - there are two versions of the firmware, ‘noinv’ for the internal module and ‘inv’ for the external module.

bracesport

Legendary member
Well the good news is I now have a wireless trainer system with my FSi6s as the student and the T16 as the master - I have two multi-protocol units in the T16 now - my Internal multi-protocol module is acting as the Rx for the FSi6s and the external multi-protocol module is talking to the glider - Awesome stuff!

I will make a video! :)

happyface838

Hello people with far more knowledge than me, lol.
It's great to see the wireless trainer system working. I've had my T16 for several months now and starting to experiment with companion as my go to method of altering stuff, just leave the tx stuff for the field. I'd like to say that the TX has been faultless, but sadly I'd be lying with multiple ribbon issues (although none resulted in any airframe losses, fortunately). I have upgraded the cables and (touch wood) had no further issues, but my confidence in the unit is knocked. I have now got a TX16s, but it still sits in its box as I can't bring myself to fully commit to changing.

Is it possible in open tx, with a powered glider to use the throttle stick for more than one action. I'd like to take off as a conventional throttle, when altitude is achieved, flick a switch (special function to overide) and then use the throttle in reverse to deploy flaps and crow for landing?

bracesport

Legendary member
here is my setup for crow - my throttle is reversed for braking (up is off and down is braking) - inputs are always for rates and expo - I use differential on my ailerons - I use curves to adjust the values (but you can input values as an alternative).

If I was going to do what you want, I would add the switch SF down to all the mix lines for the flaps (braking), and then for Ch3 add the motor control with the throttle as the source and weight at -100 (negative) on switch SF up - I think that should work.

Also, when set to SF down for brakes I would put a voice call to tell you the brakes are on and visa versa for motor armed.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 8.48.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 8.47.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 8.47.23 AM.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@bracesport Ok this is scary.. I can understand what you did there except the part where you have the elevator set to 20% differential. Do you have split elevator and why did you set up flaperons and elerons? Is that more for braking?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I love Open Tx - it is a fun way to geek around a bit!

Thats why I tell everyone to NOT be all put off by others lack of effort to learn it a little at a time vs understanding it all at once. NON proprietary opentx = best RC thing since the invention of vacuum tubes. Hall effect sensors in gimbals = best thing since Open TX made the need to be that smooth worthy.