FS-i6s, Jumper T16, FRsky X-lite

Wildthing

Legendary member
So all this programming you are doing and say you change protocol say from the FlySky AFHDS2 to Spectrum's DSMx2 ( I probably have them spelled wrong :D ) and how you are assigning all these mixes to channels will they still work? On my Flysky rx the order of channels is different from Spectrum.
How hard is it to change protocol?

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
On the Jumper you just set the protocol in the setup screen then if the channel order is different it usually corrects it for you via open TX. If not you set the inputs screen so the channels match.
When I bind Lemon RX DSMX receivers to Jumper I haven’t had to change the channel order, I had to change a few things to get SAFE working on my oldSport CubS but that was it.
AFHDS is easy, you just select it from the Flysky options in the setup screen.
When you move models it automatically switches the protocols and which transmitter you are using. It doesn’t need to be user switched once you set the model up. It also remembers any and all mixes assigned to that model.

Wildthing

Legendary member
On the Jumper you just set the protocol in the setup screen then if the channel order is different it usually corrects it for you via open TX. If not you set the inputs screen so the channels match.
When I bind Lemon RX DSMX receivers to Jumper I haven’t had to change the channel order, I had to change a few things to get SAFE working on my oldSport CubS but that was it.
AFHDS is easy, you just select it from the Flysky options in the setup screen.
When you move models it automatically switches the protocols and which transmitter you are using. It doesn’t need to be user switched once you set the model up. It also remembers any and all mixes assigned to that model.

Thanks

Reactions: FDS

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - also with the 'open' part of OTX, you can pretty much assign anything you like! the protocols are all listed in dropdown lists, AFHDS2 uses FS 2A for example - a cool thing is once you bind an Rx and assign the ref number, the Tx remembers it and therefore it can be used on multiple models 'prebound'!

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - also with the 'open' part of OTX, you can pretty much assign anything you like! the protocols are all listed in dropdown lists, AFHDS2 uses FS 2A for example - a cool thing is once you bind an Rx and assign the ref number, the Tx remembers it and therefore it can be used on multiple models 'prebound'!
Sorry if I sound stupid but I don't see an advantage to that, I have a dozen or more rx's and I don't bind them everytime I put it into a different model/plane. I am missing something here :) .

Wildthing

Legendary member
probably not - maybe it is just me thinking it is cool to move Rx's around freely inside the TX setups.

I did say I am a nube after all! :D
The tx has way more features then what I will probably ever use. My FlySky for $80.00 CA has done great but with a few simple things I think it should have it doesn't :). I like the multi protocol with out having to change module feature, The T16 isn't a bad price either , it's around $270.00 CA in my last search and the call it the Pro now.

bracesport

Legendary member
Some small updates to my OTX - essentially what I have done is made the Diff and Expo global variables for easy editing outside the mixing environment - I also grouped the camber/reflex/snap into one higher channel (16) which feeds the aileron mixes more simply, and they are all flight mode driven - the elevator trims are all unique now to each flight mode.

I do think this is getting there now! I am still planning to add some in-flight adjustment for the reflex and camber to the T5 and T6 trims. :D

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 8.32.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 8.32.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 8.32.52 AM.png

FDS

Elite member
The T16 Pro is the version with the Hall effect gimbals included. It may now have the internal multi module included as well. That has the advantage of leaving the JR bay free for stuff like Crossfire.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
You guys are really making it harder and harder to resist buying a jumper t16. Not that I really need one. My old gen 1 dx7 works fine. But new and shinny and ability to use more receivers. Maybe for Christmas :)

Wildthing

Legendary member
The T16 Pro is the version with the Hall effect gimbals included. It may now have the internal multi module included as well. That has the advantage of leaving the JR bay free for stuff like Crossfire.
That it does have, Hall effect gimbals and multi internal module, fellow club member said they first had the module on the outside and moved it in . My one search through Amazon 251.00 CA delivered , maybe a xmas gift to myself :)

Bricks

Master member
That it does have, Hall effect gimbals and multi internal module, fellow club member said they first had the module on the outside and moved it in . My one search through Amazon 251.00 CA delivered , maybe a xmas gift to myself :)

If you do not mind used you can find them once in a while on RCgroups classifieds have seen a couple come up already around that $120 mark US give or take a little..

Wildthing

Legendary member
If you do not mind used you can find them once in a while on RCgroups classifieds have seen a couple come up already around that $120 mark US give or take a little..
I will take a look, one thing really good about going through Amazon if there is a warranty issue or you want to return the item it is 0 hassle and postage prepaid.

FDS

Elite member
Those used ones will also be the gen 1 version with the external module only.
I love used TX’s, both my main ones were second hand.

bracesport

Legendary member
another update - this time I have changed ch12 to be trim adjusted from 0-20% for reflex and camber (achieved by the weight and offset - weight is max-min/2 and offset is max+min/2).

I have also added an adjuster for the Diff GV using a special function command that can adjust between 0-50% (also achieved by the weight and offset).

I also added a play value for the Diff value onto a switch.

fun fun fun! :D

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 9.54.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 9.56.17 PM.png

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I like that there is a 6P_1 switch option on that OpenTX build! I haven't looked into the 6 position switch functions on the X9D+ OpenTX builds for several versions now, but it didn't use to let you directly specify switch positions like that. Back in the old days we had to feed that value into a channel and then measure the output range to figure out what position it was in (as we walked uphill to school through 6 feet of snow with no shoes.) :LOL:

This simple access is a very nice touch! I might use that switch I wired in more frequently if it's this easy to access now. :D