FS-i6s, Jumper T16, FRsky X-lite

bracesport

Legendary member
This is an alternative to make the reflex and camber adjusted by the same T5 trim adjuster (previously they were separated on T5 and T6) - it is achieved by adding a line to ch12 that makes T5 the adjuster.

remember that the reflex and camber are flight mode aware (reflex for speed, camber for thermal) and trim switches are also flight mode independent - so in each flight mode, the T5 will now adjust either the reflex or the camber!

NOTE - the Trm5 input line needs to be 'multiply' not 'add'!

Cool!

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.10.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.21.44 AM.png

bracesport

Legendary member
I am keeping track of the learnings by posting them here!

I am starting to get my head around it all now. Actually it is quite good to move forwards adding layers as you learn more!

So far the main takeouts are
1-flight modes are for trim related adjustments.
2-ideally when setup there is only one point to make individual changes
3- ideally once setup you do not make changes in the mixing menu
4- bundling common features helps with house keeping and reduces errors.
5- inputs menu is for non trim related setups including expo
6- Trim switches are flight mode aware
7- mixing settings are also flight mode aware

Wildthing

Legendary member
Have to agree that is why I do not own one tried OT just could not get the hang of it, I like simple things.
Me too but having the basic setups is all I usually ever need but then when you need something a little different or special you are able to create it, along with a few more grey hair :D .

Wildthing

Legendary member
I’ll tell you what - I’ll make the most basic setting for AETR with high and low rates! That might be a good starter setting for anyone starting out on OTX! 😀
Well I bit the bullet today and ordered one :) , so work out all the bugs, you have about a month to do so :D :D

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - yay a programming buddy! You can download the OTX companion and setup the radio profile as Horus 12 - jumper profiles are not available yet (soon I hear), but the T16 is essentially a Horus!

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - yay a programming buddy! You can download the OTX companion and setup the radio profile as Horus 12 - jumper profiles are not available yet (soon I hear), but the T16 is essentially a Horus!
Send me links to where I need to go :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh I ordered batteries for it to, the 18650 rechargeable lion ones. Well what fun that was , I wanted 4 minimum and a charge ( I know I could use my RC Charger) Well from Amazon nothing other then if they came with something so banggood no problem tons to choose from but any of the decent priced ones won't ship to Canada. Back to Amazon and I bought a 2 package Torch lights that come with 2 batteries each and separate chargers for 33.00 CA Delivered, Cheap prices from Banggood would have been the same if not more, so I will have 2 chargers, 4 batteries and 2 torches :)

bracesport

Legendary member
SIMPLE SETUP (starting out)

This is a simple setup for a 4ch plane with separate Ailerons using Diff - the rates are hardcoded in the inputs menu - there are two flight modes (normal and speed on SWB), and there is Expo - the Diff and Expo are global variables - the flight modes can be trimmed within each mode and the trim settings are uniquely saved.

Phil

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.03.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.03.05 PM.png
    261 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.03.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.03.17 PM.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.30 PM.png
    460.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.38 PM.png
    461.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SimpleSetup.otx.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 0

FDS

Elite member
Thanks for these, many people coming to OpenTX find it overwhelming at first, great to have a series of set ups people can check out.
Note to anyone viewing this- if you have another OpenTX radio then settings in Companion shown on the screenshots will still work for you, the base radio matters less than the version of OpenTX. How you set up channels etc is the same still.

Bricks

Master member
It seems Nightly OT is a better software for the Jumper then just OT, I do not own one just reading about OT and the Jumper, is that correct?

bracesport

Legendary member
I just use the files linked above, and stick with them until each official release - previous to the companion update at 2.3.2 I was using 2.2.4 and the only visible change is your chosen Rx ID hows up in the main model list, and the flight mode 0 (FM0) has a few more options.

I don’t use the companion to update the Tx - I do all that manually on the SD card - I have synced it a couple of times but essentially I keep things simple (so far).

Unless you are a high end user, I think it is worth focussing on the programming.

I do all my setups on the companion, copying and pasting models etc - when improving my code I duplicate the model and make a version.

When I am ready to add the files to the radio, I do a pull from the radio which makes a new doc.otx on the companion, then I decide which models to drag over into that doc and then send it back to the radio.

Then on the radio I check for servo direction in the outputs menu and then adjust +/- of the related mixer channels to show stick direction corrrectly on the main screen.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
@bracesport I have a question about the program ability of the dials on the t16. I dont have dials on my old dx7 but thought it might be nice to use them as a variable rates dial. instead of setting dual rates on a switch. or be able to dial in your flaps for instance instead of two or 3 set positions. Do you know if this is possible?