FT 2021 Micro/EZ Build Off

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Got a good start, trying to keep the weight down as much as possible so im using a lot of gorilla glue instead of HG. I dont think I'd have the patience for building a real balsa model! 🤣

20210415_213242.jpg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member

FliteTest Forums 2021 Micro/EZ Build Off
Requirements/Rules
1) Wingspan can be no bigger than 18"
2) Must be powered
3) Must be of the makers design
4) Open for 2 months after March 8th (March 8th to May 26th)
5) Must have a maiden video by May 10th
6) Must post photos and have a build log
7) Can submit multiple designs but can only win once
8) There will be a winner for each category
Judging Categories
1) Fastest
2) Best looks
3) Most over engineered
4) Simplest design
5) Best aerobatics/aerobatic capabilities
6) Fan favorite (will add a poll)
Rewards
1st place:
Bragging Rights, Premium Access to my latest design, & Service by me to finalize plans given by the winner
2nd Place: Premium Access to my latest design
3rd Place: Premium Access to my latest design
Contestants
GrizWiz
Flyingshark
Blockeraviation

Squirreltail
FoamyDM
Quinnyperks
FoamFighters
The Hanger
TailDragger
Addicted
@Jade_Monkey07
@wiz bang
@Hondo76251
Please answer this thread with any questions or if you want to enter

If you do not want to be in the build off, but do want to judge please let me know.
I will not judge because I am entering
(4 spots left)
@Grifflyer

I will enter. a trislander, and btw no plans needed, right? as I am using unusual electronics, that mightnot be accessible for everyone. also, does anyone know how to make their own 2 inch propellers?
1619183048986.jpg

Last edited:

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I will enter. a ford trimotor, and btw no plans needed, right? as I am using unusual electronics, that mightnot be accessible for everyone. also, does anyone know how to make their own 2 inch propellers?
What tools and materials do you have access to? Here's a prop that I made but, it's ment for a rubber band powered airplane not electric.
IMG_20210322_225810961.jpg

Are these two contest parameters in conflict with each other? Or am I not understanding how it works?

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
so I have 1/32 balsa that I can use, I do not know what tools are needed. tell me which ones are needed, and maybe I can try it out.
In order to build mine I used a hobby blade, heat gun, CA, and some masking tape. I first cut out a prop blank out of some shavings from a razor plane. Then I wetted them and tape them to a round object to give it it's shape and rigidity. I made the hub out of 1/8 in hardwood and in this case, glued my prop shaft to the propeller. I would recommend a different approach to securing the prop to the shaft. Also, unless you really want to have home made propellers, I would have to recommend just buying a pack of props from Amazon. I got some for my brushed quad for really cheap.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Are these two contest parameters in conflict with each other? Or am I not understanding how it works?
My bad. I forgot to update that rule too! Since I moved the date back it is wrong

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
In order to build mine I used a hobby blade, heat gun, CA, and some masking tape. I first cut out a prop blank out of some shavings from a razor plane. Then I wetted them and tape them to a round object to give it it's shape and rigidity. I made the hub out of 1/8 in hardwood and in this case, glued my prop shaft to the propeller. I would recommend a different approach to securing the prop to the shaft. Also, unless you really want to have home made propellers, I would have to recommend just buying a pack of props from Amazon. I got some for my brushed quad for really cheap.
ok. thanks. will ask my mom for the amazon props. I just am staying away from buying a new gearbox.