FT 2021 Micro/EZ Build Off

Yeah you can build from pretty much anything
Cool. I'm gonna build from this.
eflu6450.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cyclone3350

Master member
How did you build that???

I used 2mm depron for the fuse and tail and 3mm for the wings. That was when depron was available. For stiffness on the wings, I used thin 3mm carbon fiber strips glued upright and lengthwise as well as using them for the struts. Plaid Folk Art water base paint and DIY decals made from Testors Decal paper finished it off. E-Flite UMX electronics powered it.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I used 2mm depron for the fuse and tail and 3mm for the wings. That was when depron was available. For stiffness on the wings, I used thin 3mm carbon fiber strips glued upright and lengthwise as well as using them for the struts. Plaid Folk Art water base paint and DIY decals made from Testors Decal paper finished it off. E-Flite UMX electronics powered it.
Plans???:unsure::unsure::unsure::):)

cyclone3350

Master member

In the case of the DC-3, I went with a reduced size balsa plan from outerzone. For the most part, I usually use 3 view drawings. Look @ what @FlyerInStyle is doing with his Boeing on the seaplane challenge. I pretty much do the same. The only difference is, I use an old school drafting board to draw out my templates. When I start posting my build on the P6M Seamaster, U will see how I go about doing this.

EZ Bronco!

This works with both the 2-channel and the 3-channel EZ Power Packs.
  • Wingspan: 14"
  • Foam Board Weight: Approx. 20g
  • Total weight with 3-channel parts: Approx. 50g
  • Maiden Flight Video
AgentC you've got to keep giving us more videos. Your film crew is amazing! I need a crew like that.

I saw an adorable small child once, I glanced at the mom and said "Wow I want one" with a big grin. She said "Well they're easy to get." :ROFLMAO:

GrizWiz

Elite member
I have one design done. I took a 17 inch wingspan chuck glider and turned it RC with the EZ pack! unfortunately I don't think I will get a maiden in time though as I am in the middle of a move!

GrizWiz

Elite member
Sorry for the late reply. I have been super busy this last month moving into my new house! I do not have a finished design so I will be judging with @Grifflyer. If anyone did not have time to finish a design you are welcome to help judge. There are 3 spots left!

We have 7 contestants:
@BlockerAviation with a Micro Nutball
@FoamyDM with the EZ Viking
@Jade_Monkey07 with the Highwinder
@Hondo76251 with the Boeing 314(No maiden yet)
@FlyingTyger with the Tiny Twister(No maiden yet)
@AgentC with the EZ Bronco

Last edited:

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Sorry for the late reply. I have been super busy this last month moving into my new house! I do not have a finished design so I will be judging with @Grifflyer. If anyone did not have time to finish a design you are welcome to help judge. There are 3 spots left!

We have 7 contestants:
@BlockerAviation with a Micro Nutball and Mini Mirage 2000(No video yet)
@FoamyDM with the EZ Viking
@Jade_Monkey07 with the Highwinder
@Hondo76251 with the Boeing 314(No maiden yet)
@FlyingTyger with the Tiny Twister(No maiden yet)
@AgentC with the EZ Bronco
The mini Mirage failed, so its just the nutball. I do have a fly baby bipe but its a kit from Stevens aero model so I don't think it works with the rules.