FT-22 motor and prop help

shayan

I built my FT-22 but I am confused on how should the prop and motor be and which way should rotate I need help .
I have a pusher prop .
Should the letter side of the prop faces the front or back of the plane?
Should the motor rotate cw or ccw when I am looking to in from the back?

quorneng

Master member
The lettering on a prop always goes on the side of the prop facing the front of the plane regardless of whether a pusher or tractor.
Which way round it goes depends on whether it a counter rotating prop or not.
The easiest way is to fit it on facing the correct way and then very carefully (with the plane secure but fingers well away) start the motor at low power. If it blows air forwards the motor is going the wrong way round!

shayan

The lettering on a prop always goes on the side of the prop facing the front of the plane regardless of whether a pusher or tractor.
Which way round it goes depends on whether it a counter rotating prop or not.
The easiest way is to fit it on facing the correct way and then very carefully (with the plane secure but fingers well away) start the motor at low power. If it blows air forwards the motor is going the wrong way round!
Thank you so much I was so confused . So you mean that if I look the prop from behind of the plane I should't see the letters on the prop?

quorneng

Master member
shayan
So you mean that if I look the prop from behind of the plane I should't see the letters on the prop?
Correct!
Just in case you get a prop with no letters you will notice each blade has a proper 'wing' section. The flat(er) side faces to the rear.