FT-22 Raptor - BUILD

jpot1

Elite member
I'm using the 2836/8 1100kv motor and the plane keeps trying to roll to the right. I have an 8x3.8 slow fly prop. Is it too much torque? Do I need to use washers to shim the motor mount slightly in the opposite direction? Managed to maiden it today while trying to trim it before I nosed it in.

Jacob Busch

I was thinking getting into the hobby and build this plane and i was wondering if the Fly Sky FS-T6B transmitter and receiver would work on this plane, as im going for the cheapest option. it does have a V.MIX switch on the front but i just wanted to clarify if that would work. If not or if there is a better option please let me know thanks.:D

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Jpot1, I think you need a higher KV motor, something like a 2822-1400v motor with that prop to work well. That motor is much better suited for the FT Mustang, Storch, Spitfire, Racer, or Duster.

Jacob, I'd recommend their new I6 over the t6 series. While the T6 series function well enough, programming them can be a real chore.

Last edited:

jpot1

Elite member
Jpot1, I think you need a higher KV motor, something like a 2822-1400v motor with that prop to work well. That motor is much better suited for the FT Mustang, Storch, Spitfire, Racer, or Duster.

Jacob, I'd recommend their new I6 over the t6 series. While the T6 series function well enough, programming them can be a real chore.

Thanks Foam Addict, just put a 2200KV motor with a 6x4 prop and it flew beautifully!

My FT22

I received both the FT22 and Bushwacker a couple of days ago. Built the FT22 in a couple of hours -- used power pack B. This is the second FT plane that I have built (also built the Mustang) and went together very nicely. It flies better than any plane I own. I decorated it with some "stucco tape" w/o the cloth fibers and the FT decals. Colored the canopy with an extra fat Sharpie. It took a bit of fiddling to figure out how to set up the elevons on a DX6 but I got it. Thanks Flite Test for the build videos and kits! Next I think I'll do the mini Corsair from plans and foam board.

Attachments

• 20151217_103555.jpg
    20151217_103555.jpg
    945.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20151217_103537.jpg
    20151217_103537.jpg
    963.5 KB · Views: 4

johnbecker31

I wish you guys would spend a little more time OCD putting the parts on the plans a little closer together so I can use less paper on the plotter at work ;). Or just give us the original CAD files to mess around with. It would be nice to make some design tweaks.

if you know how to use inkskape, you can import the PDF, and rearrange/modify the parts as needed. Then simply export back to PDF when you are done.

Kasper

Hi, i want to use 2200 kv turingy motor and 2200 mAh battery, im wondering if that kind of setup will pull the plane fast enough.

jpot1

Elite member
Hi, i want to use 2200 kv turingy motor and 2200 mAh battery, im wondering if that kind of setup will pull the plane fast enough.

With the stock FT build getting the cg right will be tough with that big of a battery. I use a 1300 mAh with no problems. There are other posts on the forum regarding a bit of a longer wing with the motor mounted further back giving you more room to adjust for a heavier battery.

Kasper

With the stock FT build getting the cg right will be tough with that big of a battery. I use a 1300 mAh with no problems. There are other posts on the forum regarding a bit of a longer wing with the motor mounted further back giving you more room to adjust for a heavier battery.

I just wanted to have a longer flight, but I think with 1300 mAh it shouldn't be a massive difference between them. What do you think about the motor? Shall I try with less powerful one?(it's a turingy aerodrive 2200 kv)Thanks

Last edited:

jpot1

Elite member
Seeing as you are in the U.K. The heavier foamboard may actually help you out in this case. The Turnigy you mention is the exact motor I use with a 6x4 prop with very good results. That being said your definition of fast vs. mine could be vastly different. :)

Mine has since been retired but here's a pic.
IMG_0218.JPG

Kasper

I think i'll use this plane only as a trainer, so i think on half throttle it should be quite steady, i used this engine before in Ft tiny trainer, and it worked great so i think, it should be fine, only one thing is that i used 2200 mAh battery that time and I'm worried if ill use lighter battery it could just fly like crazy. But yes i agree that foam board may help, here in uk im using west foam board, its very similar to a dollar tree board, looks like that:
574235_1001_1_800.jpg

Thanks anyway, and your plane looks very good, shame that retired :)

Kasper

It's me again, I have a problem with my raptor, engine I used which is a turingy d2826/6 2200 Kv seems like it's not pulling plane strong enough, I've swapped the engine wires but it's not helping, I don't know why it's not working, shall I just set it up to normal mode when engine is pulling plane but backwards and then reverse throttle in my radio?

Asif

Advice on Bent Foam sheet for F22 Speed Build kit

Hi Everyone
Finally i received my speed build kit for F22 Raptor after about a long wait for one month. when i opened the box the foam board sheet were bent on one end. It is not Flite test's fault, My friend in US purchased it for me and shipped through USPS.
Anyhow i am looking for any advice on how to straighten the bent foam board kit or if it can't be straightened at all, completely ruined :(
Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
Asif IMG_20170705_171314.jpg IMG_20170705_171253.jpg

Yayat

Hi guys, I Just want to share couple of flight I had with FT Mini Raptor

here is another one

Thanks!

skee907

Using the plans for the FT-22, I made one out of aluminum to mount on the wall here at NAS Pensacola, the school for Air Force maintenance on the 22/35. It will be flying with a B2 and eventually an F-35 (of my own design) to match the same style as the FT-22. It is almost finished, and will be airbrushed this weekend before we mount it up.

Attachments

• Photo Feb 10, 10 04 28.jpg
    Photo Feb 10, 10 04 28.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Photo Feb 12, 08 40 38.jpg
    Photo Feb 12, 08 40 38.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Photo Feb 12, 09 44 53.jpg
    Photo Feb 12, 09 44 53.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0