FT-22 Raptor - PROJECT

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

ft-22-raptor-2-jpg_1389633248.jpg

If you've been with us for a while you might recognize this beauty, but with a few new additions. Say hello to the FT-22 Raptor!

ft-22-raptor-3-jpg_1389633250.jpg

We based this off our original F-22 design (above) but with all the improvements you could ask for.

ft-22-raptor-4-jpg_1389633252.jpg

The front scoops created by the belly plate provide excellent cooling for your electronics, and it looks cool!

ft-22-raptor-5-jpg_1389633255.jpg

The nose is actually made completely from foam which drastically increases the durability. No more wrinkled poster board noses!

ft-22-raptor-6-jpg_1389633257.jpg

There is plenty of space in the cockpit for your battery or whatever else you guys might want to throw in there.

ft-22-raptor-7-jpg_1389633259.jpg

To reduce rod flexing, Josh noched out a small piece of foam attached to the side plate and ran the rod through. No flex, no hassle!

ft-22-raptor-8-jpg_1389633262.jpg

To go along with our decal kits we have new bigger logos color matched and ready to go!

ft-22-raptor-20-jpg_1389634985.jpg

Also, the first 250 people who buy a speed build kit will also get a FREE small decal. Our thanks for being awesome!

ft-22-raptor-9-jpg_1389633265.jpg

Even though this plane is technically a jet, don't let that intimidate you! It's extremely easy to build and it will only go as fast as the motor you put in it.

ft-22-raptor-10-jpg_1389633266.jpg

ft-22-raptor-11-jpg_1389633267.jpg

The FT-22 boasts great high-alpha, and acrobatics are no problem.

ft-22-raptor-12-jpg_1389633271.jpg

As always, fly with a friend (or three)!

ft-22-raptor-13-jpg_1389633273.jpg

ft-22-raptor-14-jpg_1389633274.jpg

ft-22-raptor-16-jpg_1389633276.jpg

ft-22-raptor-17-jpg_1389633277.jpg

ft-22-raptor-18-jpg_1389633278.jpg

ft-22-raptor-19-jpg_1389633283.jpg

Sadly, we still haven't figured out how to make the planes tree-proof.

As always, we want to thank you guys for supporting Flite Test. We wouldn't get to do what we do if it weren't for your help.

As always we have free plans and a build video on the way!

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
@ Bitogre I went to the store and it was listed as beginner to intermediate.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
Who doing the flying around the trees at the end of the video?
Nice flying

Okie

Flite Test Aviatrix
I thank Bixler was flying at the end seems like something he would do .

and one of my planes are in a tree too so when you figured out how to make the planes tree-proof let me know my planes love to play in the trees

lolingbanana

so wish there was a uk store, would love to build this and get back in to the hobby, but over $40 for shiping is daylight robbery but i know you are not to blame for that, its just what things cost these days.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I had a feeling this was coming...I just printed some F22 plans off rcgroups about two weeks ago but haven't had a chance to start building yet. Looks like I'll hold off just a little longer and switch to the FT plans - looks a lot nicer!

eagle4

lolingBanana, there will be free plans available

I wonder what battery its setup to use.

Also if they used a KFM2 airfoil it should produce more lift, which would be great for some fpv flying.

I wonder if they tried tilting down the shoulders of the wings just a little bit, this would make the wing have a little bit of camber, thus increasing lift. The real F22 had this, it was a semi lifting body. just a thought, as this may or may not work.

Bladezx2

Electronics Requirements

I wonder what battery its setup to use.

Got this from the Store page for the plane.

Recommended electronics:

MOTOR (Option 1) - "Blue Wonder" 2712-12 24g

MOTOR (Option 2) - Suppo 2208/14 1450kv Brushless Motor (Park 370 equiv.)

MOTOR (Option 3) -"THE BEEF" (Motor only) GT2215/09 70g

Servos (Option 1) - Hextronic 9 Gram Servo

Servos (Option 2) - Suppo SP-90 9g Micro Servo

ESC (Option 1) - TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller

ESC (Option 2) - Suppo 18A Brushless ESC

Battery (Option 1) - Turnigy 500mAh 3s 20C Lipo Pack

Battery (Option 2) - Turnigy 1000mAh 3s 20C Lipo Pack

Battery (Option 3) - Turnigy 1300mAh 3s 20C Lipo Pack

Prop (tractor) - Slow Fly 9x4.7 prop

Prop (pusher) - 8x6 Slow Fly prop

I noted rod flexing problem, possibly this is the answer to the problem I'm having with a delta combat plane which flys well a half throttle but when I hit it all h*** breaks loose,I though it might be fuse flexing but could be a combination of the two

Flynn

I noted rod flexing problem, possibly this is the answer to the problem I'm having with a delta combat plane which flys well a half throttle but when I hit it all h*** breaks loose,I though it might be fuse flexing but could be a combination of the two

I has the exact same issue, then retired the Delta.

Steve Bowman

Great build, the F-22 went together in 2-3 hours. The maden flight was great, a little trimming and away we go.
Love the plain and so do a lot of other stander byers..

BLewis

I built mine and used slightly larger wire (.055") for the control rods and put them in a coffee stirrer and used an additional piece of foam with a slot in it to secure the stirrer. Works great and does not flex.
also another tip: I did minwax the plane and sprayed it with thinned craft paint. I did get it a little heavy (did not cover very well) the weight is ok, but it warped the wings and had to give it quite a bit of aileron trim. Will not use craft paint again.