FT 3D depron profile

Bayboos

Today. No videos this time.

mail preview IMG_4384.jpg

mail preview IMG_4468.jpg

mail preview IMG_4474.jpg

mail preview IMG_4495.jpg

Bayboos

And after another day of practice, I'm finally capable of prooving that this is truly a 3D airplane (acc to the definition established by Josh Bixler):

Anyone knows any good 3D tutorial?...

Anyway: at this point I don't believe the plane needs any further improvements (in terms of aerodynamics and/or airframe structure). It's time to add the last two missing things: landing gear and some colors.

Bayboos

The learning process continues. After around 10 days of practicing, I'm comfortable enough to fly the plane just for fun (when I don't feel good enough to push my skills to the limits). I did manage to find a local 3D pilot who took the plane for a spin. He prooved the pane is truly a 3D indoor/parkflyer beast; just my skills need to catch up with it. I didn't have a camera back then, but I'll try to arrange some sort of show-off demo flight next time we'll meet.

For now, please enjoy the video of relaxing flight of this wonderful "designed by accident" plane:

P.S. As you can see, the plane got a landing gear. Next step - painting...

Last edited:

Xlaxon

Really looks like an awesome plane and exactly the type of stuff I have been looking for. Could you please explain us (at least a little bit) how you designed everything from the plan and maybe go over the big steps of the build ? I think I am going to try this myself ! (BTW did you used Hot glue ou foam CA ?)