Ft 3D

luvmy40

Elite member
Here is the way I set my FT 3D up. Take this for what it's worth! I'm a hack pilot and this model has never been maidened, but this configuration fits and gives me CG configuration with 3S, 4s and 6S batteries.

The RX is mounted to the underside of the canopy, the ESC is mounted in the swappable pod and the battery is mounted with Velcro under the swappable pod.

FT 3D Electronics.jpg

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Here is the way I set my FT 3D up. Take this for what it's worth! I'm a hack pilot and this model has never been maidened, but this configuration fits and gives me CG configuration with 3S, 4s and 6S batteries.

The RX is mounted to the underside of the canopy, the ESC is mounted in the swappable pod and the battery is mounted with Velcro under the swappable pod.

View attachment 228022
I like the rx placement! What mah 3s do (will) you use? Also, what wood did you use on the main spar? Would a paint stick work?

luvmy40

Elite member
I like the rx placement! What mah 3s do (will) you use? Also, what wood did you use on the main spar? Would a paint stick work?
My battery selection is very limited at this time. I have a few 3S 1300mAh, a couple 2S, 650mAh, and a 4S 650mAh. I don't think any of them are the right battery for the FT 3D, but any of them might work in a limited capacity. I'm still a lot of flying hours away from launching this one. Hopefully, by the time I'm ready for it, I'll have a better idea of what battery it actually needs.

I had several of the balsa sticks that come with the FT generic build kits. I used one of them for the connecting spar in this build. I don't see why a paint stir wouldn't work. The balsa planks are all about 1/8" thick. IIRCC, I had to trim the width down a bit.

Last edited:

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
My battery selection is very limited at this time. I have a few 3S 1300mAh, a couple 2S, 650mAh, and a 4S 650mAh. I don't think any of them are the right battery for the FT 3D, but any of them might work in a limited capacity. I'm still a lot of flying hours away from launching this one. Hopefully, by the time I'm ready for it, I'll have a better idea of what battery it actually needs.

I had several of the balsa sticks that come with the FT generic build kits. I used one of them for the connecting spar in this build. I don't see why a paint stir wouldn't work. The balsa planks are all about 1/8" thick. IIRCC, I had to trim the width down a bit.
Sweet! Thanks!