FT A-10 Warthog

FT A-10 Warthog 1.0

Bo123

Elite member
Anything is possible.
I was wanting to use this model as the basis for a drone that has a maximum payload weight of 40 pounds. To help lower the stall speed, and to allow vertical takeoff, with a maximum payload of 25 LBS, I was wanting to put quadcopter drones in the wings. I was wondering if that was possible.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I was wanting to use this model as the basis for a drone that has a maximum payload weight of 40 pounds. To help lower the stall speed, and to allow vertical takeoff, with a maximum payload of 25 LBS, I was wanting to put quadcopter drones in the wings. I was wondering if that was possible.
Thats a lot of weight for a foamboard plane. Would probably need at least 12' wingspan 😳

Bo123

Elite member
A-10 Render V2 1.png
]
Speaking of the A-10. Mighty Mini A-10

Tench745

Master member
One way to find out.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Why would it not work, if the drones are controlled by the flight computer, it should work.

By cutting out slots in the wings to allow air to go over the props, you remove that part of the wing for the purposes of forward flight lift.

If your going to just rely on the 'drones' [as you call them] for lift at all times, you might as well just make a multi-rotor and not waste power/structure/etc trying to make it look like a plane.

cameronwelch088

By cutting out slots in the wings to allow air to go over the props, you remove that part of the wing for the purposes of forward flight lift.

If your going to just rely on the 'drones' [as you call them] for lift at all times, you might as well just make a multi-rotor and not waste power/structure/etc trying to make it look like a plane.
i dont want a helicopter, because they have limited forward speed, and i might get in trouble for having giant spinning blades flying close to the ground